OP
OP
AnebuR

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Got it to work, sort of. I used a Samsung Galaxy S9+ as the slave device, connected via USB-C to the Jeep's media USB-C port below the radio and my new Note 10+ as the master device. Was able to start and run Android Auto on my Note and connect wirelessly without taking the phone out of my pocket. Initially, the volume on my Jeep wasn't adjustable when playing music from Rocket Player or a number of other music apps I tried. Playing something with the Google Play Music app allowed me to adjust the volume. After I closed that app and switched back to Rocket Player, the volume was adjustable. This is the same volume issue I've had with either phone connected by wire and running AA directly. So, it has nothing to do with the wireless gateway app.

Unfortunately after backing up and starting to drive forward, the phone disconnected. I suspect it's the USB connection to the slave device, which is why AA had been useless to me for a while now since a few OS updates ago. I'm going to try using an Android TV stick like the developer suggested, as well as different USB cables and ports.

OP
OP
AnebuR

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Swapped cables for the stock USB to USB-C that came with the S9+ and this time, plugged it into the USB port under the armrest. No disconnection issues the entire drive back to the office. I think I did find another reason why I was having initial connection issues. The slave phone/device needs to connect to your master via the master's shared hot spot wifi connection. since this morning when I first tried it, I was in my driveway, I think the connection jumped to my home wifi network, which broke the connection between the two phones. So, make sure you delete the home network or disable the option to connect automatically to it on your slave device.

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
Thanks for the update! Keep us posted on the Android TV stick.

I've got an old Pixel, might give this a shot...
Sponsored