oomkin

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi all,

I am using Samsung Galaxy S10 with all updates. Google maps shows correct location when I am using my phone, but when plugged in, Android Auto shows I am somewhere 500 miles away. In addition, the compass in the JL has never displayed anything other than "--"

My JL does not have navigation (7" screen)

This has persisted for more than a month now. Is it caused by JL's GPS antenna being under the roof? How to resolve?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 7" system (no Nav) as well, and have occasionally had this issue when we return from our cabin (which is 190 miles away). When I pull up GoogleMaps on my Android (also a Galaxy 10), the phone knows where I am. When I connect it to the Jeep, the GPS resets and indicates I'm 190 miles away.

I've been living with it (because it usually resolves in a day or so), but recently I started getting "999999" on my odometer at startup. I took it to the dealer this morning and they are reflashing the cluster and checking the programming on the radio. The tech seemed to be familiar with both issues, so apparently it's not the first time they've gotten a Jeep in for service with this issue. I was happy when the tech started the Jeep and said "Yep, it's reading 999999 on the odometer right now..."

They called around 5pm to say they would need the Jeep for another day (they're also addressing a steering stabilizer recall and checking my welds). We'll see if it's behaving better tomorrow.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have the 7" system (no Nav) as well, and have occasionally had this issue when we return from our cabin (which is 190 miles away). When I pull up GoogleMaps on my Android (also a Galaxy 10), the phone knows where I am. When I connect it to the Jeep, the GPS resets and indicates I'm 190 miles away.

I've been living with it (because it usually resolves in a day or so), but recently I started getting "999999" on my odometer at startup. I took it to the dealer this morning and they are reflashing the cluster and checking the programming on the radio. The tech seemed to be familiar with both issues, so apparently it's not the first time they've gotten a Jeep in for service with this issue. I was happy when the tech started the Jeep and said "Yep, it's reading 999999 on the odometer right now..."

They called around 5pm to say they would need the Jeep for another day (they're also addressing a steering stabilizer recall and checking my welds). We'll see if it's behaving better tomorrow.
Hi, it sounds like your Uconnect system needs to be updated. The files for software level 18.45.01 are currently available on driveUconnect.com. I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alison
JeepCares

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
JeepCares said:
Hi, it sounds like your Uconnect system needs to be updated. The files for software level 18.45.01 are currently available on driveUconnect.com. I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Alison
JeepCares
I dropped my JL off at the dealer yesterday, and received it back today. Fortunately, the issues I've noticed occurred at the dealership, and they indicated a reflash of the cluster and an update of the radio software would fix the issues. Additionally, they checked welds and installed a new stabilizer per existing recalls on my Jeep.

Happy to report the cluster and the radio seem to be working much better now. I can tell the radio is functioning better, because it now remembers my Android (and immediately starts Pandora when I connect). Additionally, it also recognizes my iPod without my having to disconnect and reconnect the unit. Also, the odometer no longer reads "999,999" upon startup. The steering also seems a bit more solid when I go over bumps.

In short, apparently there where a number of issues with my Jeep from the factory which have been resolved by a trip to my local dealer. If anyone is having similar issues, I'd suggest you allow your local dealer to have a look and see what they can do. When I entered my VIN into the uconnect.com site, it indicated I had the latest software. However, the dealer's service notes indicated TSB 08-084-19 for my radio, which was resolved by flashing radio update 18-60-02-Y8. The issue with my cluster was apparently covered under TSB 08-108-18 and resolved by flashing an update titled 18-19-47-BP to the cluster.

To sum, when you purchase the initial run of a new model I suppose you can expect some glitches. So far, it seems like a trip to the dealer has resolved pretty much all of them (hoping I'm not jinxing myself :^).

OP
OP

oomkin

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks all for the replies!

Now just have to make appointments and find a dealer with actual loaner cars.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I dropped my JL off at the dealer yesterday, and received it back today. Fortunately, the issues I've noticed occurred at the dealership, and they indicated a reflash of the cluster and an update of the radio software would fix the issues. Additionally, they checked welds and installed a new stabilizer per existing recalls on my Jeep.

Happy to report the cluster and the radio seem to be working much better now. I can tell the radio is functioning better, because it now remembers my Android (and immediately starts Pandora when I connect). Additionally, it also recognizes my iPod without my having to disconnect and reconnect the unit. Also, the odometer no longer reads "999,999" upon startup. The steering also seems a bit more solid when I go over bumps.

In short, apparently there where a number of issues with my Jeep from the factory which have been resolved by a trip to my local dealer. If anyone is having similar issues, I'd suggest you allow your local dealer to have a look and see what they can do. When I entered my VIN into the uconnect.com site, it indicated I had the latest software. However, the dealer's service notes indicated TSB 08-084-19 for my radio, which was resolved by flashing radio update 18-60-02-Y8. The issue with my cluster was apparently covered under TSB 08-108-18 and resolved by flashing an update titled 18-19-47-BP to the cluster.

To sum, when you purchase the initial run of a new model I suppose you can expect some glitches. So far, it seems like a trip to the dealer has resolved pretty much all of them (hoping I'm not jinxing myself :^).
I'm very happy to hear this! Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored