CV Flat Zerk Access

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
I just installed an 1350 Adams front DS on the 392. I painted a couple of arrows to indicate where the CV flat zerk is using acrylic gun-sight paint....the MC skid plates are not the problem in trying to access the zerk....it's primarily the cross-member....I'll try and take pictures in a couple of days.
Sponsored

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
I just installed an 1350 Adams front DS on the 392. I painted a couple of arrows to indicate where the CV flat zerk is using acrylic gun-sight paint....the MC skid plates are not the problem in trying to access the zerk....it's primarily the cross-member....I'll try and take pictures in a couple of days.
I'm fighting the same battle, thinking we need an access hole or something.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
The front driveshaft still spins if you use force 2WD on the 392 correct? The 392 is screaming for locking hubs…but that means dumping $18K into a set of Dana UD 60s 🤦‍♂️

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
The front driveshaft still spins if you use force 2WD on the 392 correct? The 392 is screaming for locking hubs…but that means dumping $18K into a set of Dana UD 60s 🤦‍♂️
It may still spin, but I don’t think it’s under load...

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
Yes it spins all the time. A person could install the FAD (Front Axle Disconnect). Looks like all they did was remove the motor and cover it with a plate. Then use the Tazer to put it in 2WD.

Sponsored

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
Jeep Wrangler JL CV Flat Zerk Access 1636766419913

Would be interesting to see if a guy could install this on the 392. Seems possible.

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Damn good idea and didn't think about doing that before I installed mine. Looking forward to your pictures as I might need to use for reference when I painfully attempt to service my CV.

Btw, headed to the cat scale tomorrow to see how much this beast weighs with all the crap I've dumped into it.
Sponsored