Flat Tow Wiring Harness For 392?

ekim

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
I'm aware of this part number (82215382AB) for OEM harness for flat towing. Does it work for 392?
Sponsored

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP

ekim

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link

dr.dirty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ecodiesel Sport
Id look into the cooltech harness. I have been running them for years on multiple jeeps with no issues.

Sponsored

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Id look into the cooltech harness. I have been running them for years on multiple jeeps with no issues.
I gave serious consideration for the Cooltech option as well for my 392, but do not like that I have to remember to flip the switch when I already have enough going on connecting and disconnecting the toad. It is also a bit more expensive and I didnt want to tear into the wire loom on passenger side to find the right wires to connect. The Roadmaster kit does require splicing into the rear lights, but the diode ensures power is going where needed rather than having to rely on remembering to manually switch the source as is the case with the Cooltech option.

OP
OP

ekim

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
I gave serious consideration for the Cooltech option as well for my 392, but do not like that I have to remember to flip the switch when I already have enough going on connecting and disconnecting the toad. It is also a bit more expensive and I didnt want to tear into the wire loom on passenger side to find the right wires to connect. The Roadmaster kit does require splicing into the rear lights, but the diode ensures power is going where needed rather than having to rely on remembering to manually switch the source as is the case with the Cooltech option.
Seems like cool tech could have used relays that disconnects the Jeeps wiring whenever there's power coming. from the rv.

I'm not a fan of that switch either.

OP
OP

ekim

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
I found some instructions. It doesn't really look like there's any reason the OEM harness should not work. I have the believe the tub is exactly the same. From what I saw it only connects to the Jeep wiring harness are in the rear lights and a ground connection under the hood. The fact that it's a 392 seems like it doesn't come into play with the exception of routing under the hood. Seems like the only issue might be:

1) where to put the little fuse box
2) getting a ground
3) Routing from under the hood to front bumper

Does that seem correct?
Sponsored