Sponsored

Hmm 0-60 worlds away from jeeps claimed 4 flat for the XR

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Yea I don't know about that high of an rpm for launching. I know some built high hp cars have and can do them but usually they break stuff and expect to break stuff and have a ton of money to replace shit constantly. My gtr has 1000hp but some cars I knew had much more. A fully built trans in a gtr could cost up to as much as 30-40k. Was insane. My daughter loved that car though lol
20200425_134322.jpg
Nice! I think I recall ‘09’s launched really high, but then they were recalled because people were blowing up the transmissions.
Sponsored

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
My 2020 JLUR with MC 3.5” lift and 38” tires, stock gearing, 2.0 auto, does 0-60 faster than several friends muscle cars. Times if mid 7’s or so. But I didn’t just lay the pedal down. Got on it quick but not break-my-Jeep quick haha

That is PLENTY fast for a lifted brick with oversized tires and non-optimal hearing!

hardhat

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Rubicon 392 XR
So quick update. Went driving around and tried it a few times. Hard brake /partial throttle. Full throttle tried a bunch of different things. Nothing engaged to my knowledge.

I definitely didn't hear any change in exhaust note or engine tone. Sounded exactly as you would think this Jeep would sound if you're applying brake and gas at the same time.

I think torque reserve is bullshit lol unless anyone can show me proof of it working its a wives tale at this point to me.
I've done it quite a few times. Definitely not BS. Have not been able to get it to do it on offroad +, but it still does the AMAX shifting with brake torque launch in offroad plus.

Make sure steering wheel is straight! Will not work if not perfectly straight. Trans in drive and not in offroad +. Press brake firmly. If you don't press the brake hard enough it will not work. Then ease into the throttle. As you press the throttle down, you will here the engine tone change. It is very noticeable. You will not miss it. If you don't here the engine tone change, it is not in torque reserve. You can adjust rpms by how much you press throttle. 1500rpm is reasonable. Over 2000rpm results in unnecessary wheelspin before front tires catch. Also seems to do better with traction control off, but is not necessary to get it to go into torque reserve. To launch after tone changes, just release brake and press throttle at same time. You can either ease the throttle to wide open or just floor it at that point.

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

I've done it quite a few times. Definitely not BS. Have not been able to get it to do it on offroad +, but it still does the AMAX shifting with brake torque launch in offroad plus.

Make sure steering wheel is straight! Will not work if not perfectly straight. Trans in drive and not in offroad +. Press brake firmly. If you don't press the brake hard enough it will not work. Then ease into the throttle. As you press the throttle down, you will here the engine tone change. It is very noticeable. You will not miss it. If you don't here the engine tone change, it is not in torque reserve. You can adjust rpms by how much you press throttle. 1500rpm is reasonable. Over 2000rpm results in unnecessary wheelspin before front tires catch. Also seems to do better with traction control off, but is not necessary to get it to go into torque reserve. To launch after tone changes, just release brake and press throttle at same time. You can either ease the throttle to wide open or just floor it at that point.
Ok I have not tried it NOT in off road plus. So you're saying even when you're not in off road plus if you use torque reserve it will use the same amax shifting?

I kept trying it IN off road plus cause every other comment I read said to be in off road plus.

Anyway you can take a video of you using it? I really wanna hear this distinctive change in exhaust note so you know it's working. I'll have to play around again with it not using the off road plus Button! Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Also sent you a private message

LOU39TWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jku, BMW X3 35i
22 non xr, track day

Two passengers 550lbs total, 4wd auto, tc off (not held for 5 seconds) wish I had a stop watch lol. I’ve been to the track it did a 1.9 60ft and 8.5 at 82mph on a very hot day.

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
22 non xr, track day

Two passengers 550lbs total, 4wd auto, tc off (not held for 5 seconds) wish I had a stop watch lol. I’ve been to the track it did a 1.9 60ft and 8.5 at 82mph on a very hot day.

I got about 4.5 secs....

I saw another video of a guy with a dragy doing mid 4s on 38s, non - XR. Completely stock other than mid pipe delete.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I'm fairly confident that you'll never hit C&D's times. Their track is highly optimized for these runs and they use 1 foot of rollout.
At the risk of dating myself, when the Porsche Turbo was introduced in the 70's, Car & Driver had the first crack at a test vehicle - 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. Subsequently, Road & Track tested the exact same vehicle, now suffering from a slipping clutch - 0-60 in 6.7 seconds. The delta was atributed to the "abuse" the 930 suffered at the hands of the C&D testers. C&D has had the quick-times-at-any-costs reputation ever since. Source: " Porsche: Excellence was Expected"

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
4.5 secs. Standard 392 on 38s. Otherwise stock.

Gotta brake torque it. Makes a big difference on my 4xe.

Stomp on gas and brake all the way, wait one second (rpms will stabilize around 2k rpm), release brake. It’s not bad for it at all.

Do it all the time in my 4xe. You can hear me do it, turn volume up for the audible vomit sound of the stellantis 2.0

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
What do you mean flogging it as much. It doesn't have any modes so it's simply traction off and smash throttle. That's all we did lol
Drag strip changes everything. Probably with a gnome test driver.
Sponsored