Cool Tech H3R Fire Extinguisher Kit

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Outside chance has anyone found another brand of fire extinguisher to work with this mount?
Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any extinguisher that is 3 inches in width will fit
Therein lies the rub, I’ve been unable to find a 3” fire extinguisher and was hoping others had a suggestion.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I purchased mine on Amazon.
Still doesn’t help me peach.

Maybe you could perhaps share the link to the fire extinguisher you bought that had a 3” diameter that would be helpful.

Sponsored

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, that’s the only one I had found so far that was 3” diameter. I had hoped others had found a different brand that was 3” diameter but at a lower price point.

I’m guessing the 3” diameter is a proprietary diameter for H3R since the smallest diameter I’d been able to find was 3.25”.

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
Thanks, that’s the only one I had found so far that was 3” diameter. I had hoped others had found a different brand that was 3” diameter but at a lower price point.

I’m guessing the 3” diameter is a proprietary diameter for H3R since the smallest diameter I’d been able to find was 3.25”.
I did the same, I looked everywhere and got tired of waiting to install the H3R attachment

Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Just purchased and have never used a tap. I see the bits are cheap but the Hand tap tools get pretty pricey.
Can anyone walk me through using a tap. Need a special tool? Need to lubricate as you go?
I’ll be installing on a sky one touch so I don’t have a top I can remove. Working room up there gonna be tight. Thanks all.

digirati

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Why is the “JL-specific mounting bracket” needed when installing H3R's Extreme Duty Flat Surface Bracket for 2.5lb Extinguishers (Model NB300)? Wouldn’t it install properly with the cool tech bracket? I’m just trying to understand what it adds to the equation before I decide to buy it. Thank you.

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Why is the “JL-specific mounting bracket” needed when installing H3R's Extreme Duty Flat Surface Bracket for 2.5lb Extinguishers (Model NB300)? Wouldn’t it install properly with the cool tech bracket? I’m just trying to understand what it adds to the equation before I decide to buy it. Thank you.
Our Cool Tech Bracket kit includes the bracket, the hardware to mount it to the Jeep JL (a single bolt), the NB300 bracket from H3R and some nice stainless steel buttonhead screws to mount the NB300 to our bracket. The only thing you'll need is a 3" fire extinguisher. We really wanted to have a package that included the fire extinguisher as well but OMG, there is SO much red tape involved in shipping a fire extinguisher it is just crazy. (I hope this answers your question.)

Last edited:

digirati

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Our Cool Tech Bracket kit includes the bracket, the hardware to mount it to the Jeep JL (a single bolt), the NB300 bracket from H3R and some nice stainless steel buttonhead screws to mount the NB300 to our bracket. The only thing you'll need is a 3" fire extinguisher. We really wanted to have a package that included the firee extinguisher as well but OMG, there is SO much red tape involved in shipping a fire extinguisher it is just crazy. (I hope this answers your question.)
Thanks, I went ahead and bought it. Hopefully it gets here within a week.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I purchased one for Father’s Day. A few things. The cool tech bracket is just a metal plate that creates a flat surface for the NB300 mount. It attaches via a bolt but you do have to create threads with a tap. So you still need to buy a tap and some cutting fluid.

Some tips. I would encourage folks since there is only one screw supporting the weight of this thing to use blue threadlocker on it. Don’t want that puppy flying loose in a crash.

Second note very carefully the screws to affix the bracket to the plate screw into the plate. If you go from plate to bracket it looks like they are holding the bracket on but that thing will pop right off. Not that I totally made that seriously stupid mistake and had my extinguisher fall into my trunk. Totally didn’t happen. Not at all. (Yes it did). So just make sure screw goes through plastic bracket and then into the plate. Not the other way around.

Getting the mount into the extinguisher requires a lot of muscle so have fun with that

Once it’s in it is very solid (Unlike Velcro) and rattle free (unlike the metal brackets like drake).

Could cool tech improve it. Yes. Include the tap, packet of cutting fluid, and a vial of blue thread locker.
Sponsored