Tailgate MOLLE system for under $10

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I guess I was wrong I thought that canvas tailgate cover Smittybilt and couple people sell that you screw onto the back of the tailgate and put Molly bags on it does not have one available yet for the JL I wanted to go that way I don't want to put the table on there I don't think I'll use the table it just doesn't seem like it's big enough for me. I like to that video I posted from Smittybilt and quadratec that showed the velcro one that you drill on the back and then Mount the bag really look nice guess I'll wait I don't want to spend 160 to $200 on the table I don't think I'll use a table.what do y'all think about the Molly bags behind the seats do you think it looks kind of crowded when you open the door and people's knees will hit everyone in my family says it looks too crowded when you open the doors but how many people have that and like it pros and cons please
Sponsored

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
So, the louvers in the plastic are just for looks? I want to be 100% sure theres no air flow and block it if the "vents" are there for a reason. I like others want to use the slots for tying my bags to so they dont flop around. Please advise & THANKS!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So, the louvers in the plastic are just for looks? I want to be 100% sure theres no air flow and block it if the "vents" are there for a reason. I like others want to use the slots for tying my bags to so they dont flop around. Please advise & THANKS!
My Jeep mechanic told me the louvers in the JK and JL are pressure relief vents when you shut the doors. Since the Wrangler is sealed for water fording it is harder to close the doors when windows are up. My younger grandkids can never get them closed unless I crack open a window. Probably why the molle cover on the JK doesn't cover the louver, why they don't have one for the JL yet and why the MOPAR table has the slots in them.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
My Jeep mechanic told me the louvers in the JK and JL are pressure relief vents when you shut the doors. Since the Wrangler is sealed for water fording it is harder to close the doors when windows are up. My younger grandkids can never get them closed unless I crack open a window. Probably why the molle cover on the JK doesn't cover the louver, why they don't have one for the JL yet and why the MOPAR table has the slots in them.
I believe you too they're not just for looks there's a reason they're there and it's not just for looks.would have been easier and cheaper just to make a flat piece of plastic those vents are there for a reason.
Sponsored