First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport; 2018 Jaguar F Pace
I looked for both of those in the secondary market, but couldn't find either one close to me. My first choice of the two was the blue because it was a little more mainstream, but still unusual.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I like a good blue as much as the next guy, but I’m sorry, Ocean Blue ain’t it. It is too dark and doesn’t do much for Wrangler.

Yellow gives you a ton more to work with, especially if you use black judiciously as accent color.

Good luck!

1597771529759.jpeg

1597771565020.jpeg
Agreed! First mod will be a matt black grill.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
I really like Ocean Blue, it reminds of a blue XJ we owned and loved. But it was almost as bad as my black YJ at showing dust, dirt and road salt. However, I would have still ordered it for myself, and I am hoping that color will be available on the Grand Wagoneer when it comes out.

My wife always wanted a yellow Jeep, and when she finished chemo, I surprised her with one. And now I am so glad for her choice. Not only is the yellow a happy color to look at, but it hardly shows dust. In the photo below you can see how filthy all the black parts are, but the yellow is still bright and wonderful looking.

Edit: also, Jeeps dashboards should be body colored, and I think a yellow contrasts the black dash panels a little better than the blue would. Just my opinion, but if I had blue I wouldn't hesitate to make the dash blue either.

Jeep Wrangler JL Color choice... 49713237562_a45a2a41bb_k

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I really like the yellow plus there was a joke in the humor thread that went something along the lines of it being "Nacho" color and you could say "Its Nacho Jeep!"

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My wife always wanted a yellow Jeep, and when she finished chemo, I surprised her with one. And now I am so glad for her choice. Not only is the yellow a happy color to look at, but it hardly shows dust. In the photo below you can see how filthy all the black parts are, but the yellow is still bright and wonderful looking.

49713237562_a45a2a41bb_k.jpg
Great looking Sahara!

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
I also am partial to my Hella Yella jeep. I've scraped past all kinds of tree branches and brush and you can't find any pinstriping no matter how hard you look. I never have to remember where I parked, and I get way more waves in my jeep than when I'm driving my wife's Sting Gray one, mostly because I think the other drivers don't see hers. Then again, I like that it's not a common color, so you probably should go for Ocean Blue.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Yellow gives you a ton more to work with, especially if you use black judiciously as accent color.
I love yellow, but ONLY if ALL red accents are removed. Otherwise, all I see is a rolling McDonald's advertisement.

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Well I have made up my mind and have just returned from the dealership. Pics will be coming soon. Let’s just say her name is “Honey Badger”!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Well I have made up my mind and have just returned from the dealership. Pics will be coming soon. Let’s just say her name is “Honey Badger”!
3BE2C975-65D8-4EC1-86C9-8C53E8D1D497.jpeg

Sponsored

stevepoz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red JLUR
Congrats on your choice. I was torn between Hella Yella and Firecracker. Firecracker won by a nose. I can't wait to get it. That being said, I would have been very happy with HY.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I love yellow, but ONLY if ALL red accents are removed. Otherwise, all I see is a rolling McDonald's advertisement.
Hey I like McDonald's ... even more now since the creepy clown is gone. I mean they had the Hamburglar and Ronald along with Barnie before there was Barnie. Imagine all three of those characters in an ice cream truck in a school zone! They may as well just have Chris Hanson walk up to the truck and call it a day.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed