Sponsored

How important is color in your vehicle choice?

How important is color in your vehicle choice?

• Total voters

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
I just meant even with the features you would pass on it because of the color.
We did this last summer. I have wanted a yellow jeep for 28 years. So when HellaYella came out I went shopping. I didn't want a first year model so we shopped for a 2019. We did find the EXACT Jeep we wanted, with all the features we wanted, and none of the ones we didn't... But it wasn't yellow, so I told my husband that I would think about it. I was barely off the lot when I realized that I wouldn't be completely happy until I got that yellow Jeep. From there we decided to factory order a 2020 (and then we did).

Now having said that, I WANTED a Rubicon, but settled for a Sahara. There were reasons, and I still believe that I made the right choice, but I'm always going to want that yellow Rubi. Some day! And it will probably be a two door. If I can find it. I probably won't care about colour though, since I now have my yellow Jeep (which I'm over the moon happy with, btw).
Sponsored

Micky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I start with what is available. knock of the colors i dont want..... which for me is always white, silver, grey. Cant stand those colors. its the most common and boring color for me. I like black, but it is so common, again have to say no to that. then i saw the mojito green. Done. bright, fun, loud, and generally easier to find in a lot.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
The color choices are pretty good so I wasn't concerned and could have been happy with most of them. My first choices were Mojito!, Ocean Blue, and Punkn. I ordered my Mojito! and I've been happy with it.

Sponsored

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
go to one of the many dealerships mentioned on here to get the under invoice pricing. special order a jeep exactly like you want it. no need to worry about what colors or options available jeeps have, they build new ones everyday.
What he said

Squirly

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 BMW 635csi 16 Fiesta St 20 Jl sport bikini pearl
Vehicle Showcase
It's one thing if you're searching under 10k for something obscure but when you are spending over 30k you should be completely satisfied with your purchase. We ordered ours after 4 Jeep's in the color were listed on lots but we're spoken for.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Colour is not all that important to me, it was more about the options and price.
Yep model first -> then price color and options in that order. Basically stole ours from the FCA dealer with only 5k miles on the odometer. Cash deal no trade-in. We always get super sweet deals that way - but is all about timing and smart negotiations.

They will often make a deal you want once you start walking out the door. We got ours probs very close to their cost as a trade-in for a new Gladiator.

“ I'm curious what you all think about color selection: if the Jeep you're looking at has all the right choices, but the color isn't necessarily on your list, do you go for it?”

Nada

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR Hard Rock, 2004 Ford Ranger XLT
I agree I want a mojito with a tan soft top so bad
The Green Jeep I had looked at had a tan interior. For whatever reason it reminded me of a key lime pie and I thought if I ended up with that color combo I would call it "Key Lime".

JLURfab

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
The Green Jeep I had looked at had a tan interior. For whatever reason it reminded me of a key lime pie and I thought if I ended up with that color combo I would call it "Key Lime".
That funny right there
Sponsored