Sponsored

How important is color in your vehicle choice?

How important is color in your vehicle choice?

• Total voters

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Its obvious that the people who buy grey,black , and white Jeeps dont really have color as a priority !
OK ,now lets get started ! :punch: :LOL:
fight.gif
Sponsored

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I believe it was Henry Ford that said " you can have any color you want, as long as it's black"..
I prefer to say, " you can have any color you want, as long as it's Sting- Gray !!"
Loved that color the first time I saw it, no regrets!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
If you’re buying new and paying 50k then hell yes you come to a favorite color and no turning back. In this case though the buyer is buying used so if it were me I’d only be choosy if there were a lot of Jeeps that had what I want and were priced similarly.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

If you’re buying new and paying 50k then hell yes you come to a favorite color and no turning back. In this case though the buyer is buying used so if it were me I’d only be choosy if there were a lot of Jeeps that had what I want and were priced similarly.
beggers cant be choosers

im one of the former. I really want shark gray but no one had SG Sports at the time (base) and i was afraid if i had waited my wife would have changed her mind on letting me get one lol. And a month later she was diagnosed, would likely have not bought a jeep for who knows how long....

both she and the jeep are doing great. She loves it (did not care for jeeps at all before)

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
beggers cant be choosers

im one of the former. I really want shark gray but no one had SG Sports at the time (base) and i was afraid if i had waited my wife would have changed her mind on letting me get one lol. And a month later she was diagnosed, would likely have not bought a jeep for who knows how long....

both she and the jeep are doing great. She loves it (did not care for jeeps at all before)
Glad to hear she is doing better and loves the Jeep:like:

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Haha that's fair. I just meant even with the features you would pass on it because of the color. Not that you would totally pass on what you're looking for!. More just waiting for the right color to come along, or settling for your second favorite.

And like I said, it's more for those who are shopping used than those who are looking to buy new. Personally I'm looking used because of the immediate value loss after driving a new vehicle off the lot(which I will admit, is mitigated a bit by invoice pricing). Sure I get the features I'm looking for, but I'm paying a premium for it(which nothing wrong with that if you can't find something that suits your needs).
If you are buying new, then color is high on the list, unless you dont care.
If you are buying used, then its the mechanicals, the options, then the color.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I'm shopping for my Jeep and one of the things that always comes up is color. You always see Black, White, Silver, and Grey as the most common options, with a lot less of the fun colors. Now I'm searching for a used vehicle so this applies more to a used vehicle where you can't just pick your desired color. Though I suppose it applies to new where maybe the color it totally out of stock(RIP Mojito). I'm curious what you all think about color selection: if the Jeep you're looking at has all the right choices, but the color isn't necessarily on your list, do you go for it?

For example: I was on the lookout for something fun, but I'm open, and found a Jeep I'm interested in that is Granite. While it's not my first choice, the price is right and it has all the features I'm interested in. Plus there is nothing a quick wrap or some decals can't change for a splash of color!

So what say you JL nation, how important is color to your vehicle selection?
very important I would say , if you are buying a new Jeep then it is entirely up to you what color you pick

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
... I was on the lookout for something fun, but I'm open, and found a Jeep I'm interested in that is Granite. While it's not my first choice, the price is right and it has all the features I'm interested in. Plus there is nothing a quick wrap or some decals can't change for a splash of color!

So what say you JL nation, how important is color to your vehicle selection?
Don't own one yet, but I would say it falls somewhere between mandatory and meh on your poll. Sure, I can repaint or wrap it, but I'd really rather not have to to get the color I want.

Fortunately, Punk'n is pretty close to what I'd like, so if I can make my decision in the near future, it should still be available.

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
To the OP, think about the following question and give yourself an honest answer...

"After I buy this, am I going to wish I had _____ color every single time I look at it?"

I feel like if you're even on here asking the question, the answer just might be yes. ;)

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
GREY IS NOT A COLOR !!!!! :LOL:;)
From the perspective of color science, gray is a color. So are black and white. Black, white, and gray are all called neutrals, and they have a spectral curve which matches the light source. There is nothing else that distinguishes them from other colors, and if you change the light source, they're not neutral anymore. They're just ordinary colors like anything else.

Source: Mark Fairchild, Munsell Color Science Labatory, Rochester Institute of Technology

;)

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
From the perspective of color science, gray is a color. So are black and white. Black, white, and gray are all called neutrals, and they have a spectral curve which matches the light source. There is nothing else that distinguishes them from other colors, and if you change the light source, they're not neutral anymore. They're just ordinary colors like anything else.

Source: Mark Fairchild, Munsell Color Science Labatory, Rochester Institute of Technology

;)
red and orange , green and blue,shiny yellow purple too....colors of the rainbow ! ;)
Sponsored