Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Theres a HellaYella MOAB on the way to my dealer. I might want to check it out when it gets here.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
What is this "Chrome" y'all are speaking of? Do you mean the Billet Silver inserts that aren't shiny in the least bit?

If you don't like them you don't like them and I won't fault you for that, but they sure aren't Chromium plated and match the billet silver paint on my Jeep exactly.
Fine, if you want to be technical - faux chrome. :facepalm:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Fine, if you want to be technical - faux chrome. :facepalm:
Well if I'm going to be technical, since it matches the paint on my Jeep exactly I'm gonna call them Billet Silver inserts, since even a faux chrome would still need a mirror finish. Those inserts are there, and I could probably take them out if I wanted to, but it would be pointless since it would make no differene. It really took me a while to realize they did put them in on mine lol.

img_1214-jpg.jpg

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Theres a HellaYella MOAB on the way to my dealer. I might want to check it out when it gets here.
I can't wait to see this. The black accents will really pop against the deep yellow. I'm biased but think the Moab visuals work best against lighter colors because of the greater contrast. So yours is going to look awesome.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I can't wait to see this. The black accents will really pop against the deep yellow. I'm biased but think the Moab visuals work best against lighter colors because of the greater contrast. So yours is going to look awesome.
lol, well I don't think I'll be in a position to buy it but I'll at least check it out.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Well if I'm going to be technical, since it matches the paint on my Jeep exactly I'm gonna call them Billet Silver inserts, since even a faux chrome would still need a mirror finish. Those inserts are there, and I could probably take them out if I wanted to, but it would be pointless since it would make no differene. It really took me a while to realize they did put them in on mine lol.

img_1214-jpg.jpg
To your point- body color makes more sense. Much cooler than the faux chrome effect that billet silver offers.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
To your point- body color makes more sense. Much cooler than the faux chrome effect that billet silver offers.
And I get that the silver inserts don't work with every color... I saw a Mojito! Rubicon and a Mojito! Sahara on the road last week and the Rubicon wore the color much better without the silver accents.

HellaYella is a good color but I'll hold off finalizing my opinion on it until I see it in person in Sahara trim compared to the other models.

dutch

First Name
Dutch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Thats interesting yellow was not available in the 2018 forum post. Did they take away the Mojito and add the HellaYella?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...oab-edition-official-specs-and-pricing.13314/
"Wrangler Moab Edition is available in nine colors: Granite Crystal, Billet Silver, Punk’n Metallic, Mojito!, Black, Bright White, Sting Gray, Ocean Blue Metallic and Firecracker Red."

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thats interesting yellow was not available in the 2018 forum post. Did they take away the Mojito and add the HellaYella?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...oab-edition-official-specs-and-pricing.13314/
"Wrangler Moab Edition is available in nine colors: Granite Crystal, Billet Silver, Punk’n Metallic, Mojito!, Black, Bright White, Sting Gray, Ocean Blue Metallic and Firecracker Red."
This is all I have to go off of for the moment. Its still in transit.

https://www.31dodge.com/new/Jeep/20...ersville-31bdc1be0a0e0a1714cd789001eb057b.htm

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just had a dealer check. It is possible to order 4 Door Sahara in HellaYella with Package Code 24M.
Thinking of getting one?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was gonna steal yours since it was a unicorn. :)

I am really thinking to order one now that I see this can be in yellow as well.
LOL, mine is very generic. Billet Silver Sahara, Built in December when I think they were just flinging those out of the factory to get something to the dealers in short order. The HellaYella Moab should be a good one though, and Kernersville Dodge will ship it to you so have at it my friend.

dutch

First Name
Dutch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
LOL, mine is very generic. Billet Silver Sahara, Built in December when I think they were just flinging those out of the factory to get something to the dealers in short order. The HellaYella Moab should be a good one though, and Kernersville Dodge will ship it to you so have at it my friend.

Ahhh.. I thought you were looking to buy this one. I am looking at the MOAB version since I live at the Beach and if I go to the Mountains it would be the Blue Ridge Mountains, so nothing so aggressive as the Rubicon. I only want Yellow jeep, so I was shocked when I saw your post that one Yellow MOAB was actually made! Everywhere I read it was not going to be available in yellow (so that would be only one made - Unicorn). Now that I contacted a dealer, I found that I am able order one in yellow. I looked at the window sticker for that one at Kernersville and it has some good optional options (Automatic/Tow/Remote Start), but I would like to order one that also has the Cold Weather Group for my bad back and Dual Top Group. I will be putting my options together and fishing it out to a couple dealers to see what prices I get.
Sponsored