Sponsored

How important is color in your vehicle choice?

How important is color in your vehicle choice?

• Total voters

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
To me, color is as key as any other feature of the vehicle. I will not buy a vehicle that is not optioned exactly like I want. When I bought my JLUR, I entered all the options I wanted including color. At the time, out of almost 1500 2020 JLs within a 300 mile search radius on the Jeep website, there was only one exact match available. I bought it in-route to the dealer from the factory. If it wasn't available, I would have ordered it.
Sponsored

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
Color #1

technically, everything else can be added (not always true or easy of course), but outside of a wrap, the color is likely never changing.

It is the only reason I placed a factory order. For whatever reason, there are very few Firecrackers with a black hardtop, proximity entry, and tow package optioned together by the dealers in CA.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Selection process for me:

1. Decide model of vehicle I want
2. Choose color
3. Non-negotiable options (usually not many, also not over-optioned).

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
It is the only reason I placed a factory order. For whatever reason, there are very few Firecrackers with a black hardtop, proximity entry, and tow package optioned together by the dealers in CA.
I want the V6/auto and NOT with leather interior, so ordering is essentially where I am.

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Color was as important as price and distance when I was shopping. That being said, I really wanted mojito but ended up with black.

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
I'm shopping for my Jeep and one of the things that always comes up is color. You always see Black, White, Silver, and Grey as the most common options, with a lot less of the fun colors. Now I'm searching for a used vehicle so this applies more to a used vehicle where you can't just pick your desired color. Though I suppose it applies to new where maybe the color it totally out of stock(RIP Mojito). I'm curious what you all think about color selection: if the Jeep you're looking at has all the right choices, but the color isn't necessarily on your list, do you go for it?

For example: I was on the lookout for something fun, but I'm open, and found a Jeep I'm interested in that is Granite. While it's not my first choice, the price is right and it has all the features I'm interested in. Plus there is nothing a quick wrap or some decals can't change for a splash of color!

So what say you JL nation, how important is color to your vehicle selection?
Nope if the color wasn't right no deal even with all the options. In April when we traded my black 07 JK I knew what I wanted in a JLU and if the color was a certain color, no deal.

Sponsored

rcc1123

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I'm shopping for my Jeep and one of the things that always comes up is color. You always see Black, White, Silver, and Grey as the most common options, with a lot less of the fun colors. Now I'm searching for a used vehicle so this applies more to a used vehicle where you can't just pick your desired color. Though I suppose it applies to new where maybe the color it totally out of stock(RIP Mojito). I'm curious what you all think about color selection: if the Jeep you're looking at has all the right choices, but the color isn't necessarily on your list, do you go for it?

For example: I was on the lookout for something fun, but I'm open, and found a Jeep I'm interested in that is Granite. While it's not my first choice, the price is right and it has all the features I'm interested in. Plus there is nothing a quick wrap or some decals can't change for a splash of color!

So what say you JL nation, how important is color to your vehicle selection?
Very important to me. My wife say's I want that color then it kicks in: If Mama be happy, I be happy!

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
A Wrangler is a fun vehicle, so color generally matters more than if you are buying a commuter to get from Point A to Point B. Its also easy to order to get exactly what you want. I am willing to pay more to get the color I want (within reason). But there are also certain options I want also. I wanted the Mojito, so that is what I ordered. But had it not been available, I could have pretty easily done with most of the other colors. Only colors I really didn't want when I ordered were black (too hard to keep clean) and Sting Gray (reminded me of Navy ships - Haze Gray, I had enough of that years ago).

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I am fairly open when it comes to colors but I've always wanted a green Jeep so this time around color was important. in 2014 with my JK there was no green so I was fairly open color wise(ended up buying Anvil). If I ever do buy a new JL again I imagine I'll try to find something on the lot to avoid waiting on an order and not being picky with the color.

Gummiente62

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gummiente62.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport, 97 C5 Corvette, 03 HD FXD
Occupation
Retired
Colour is not all that important to me, it was more about the options and price. I wanted a bare bones 2dr soft top with 6sp, but conceded to the 8sp auto they had in stock for a good price. It was "Canadian Winter Camo", but had it been "Up Yours Orange" or "Arrest Me Red", I probably would have been okay with it. That being said, I do like the rather bland white and there's not many of them around.
Sponsored