Who else finds color the hardest choice?

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I would go with Punk'n.
I'd have to agree with @Carlton ... though I may be somewhat biased.

Interesting backstory to how the current Punk'n color came to be. It took 6-8 months of research to get the color just right. It actually has flakes of glass in the paint.

"“(Mark Allen) was looking for a new orange space that was unique from what we have produced in the past for FCA vehicles. He didn’t want an orange color that flared too red, or yellow or just went brown,” said La Shirl Turner, Head of Advance Color & Materials. “Punk’n, although it resembles a ‘solid’ color, actually has glass flakes in its chemistry. When the sun hits it, it has a great flash of shimmer!” "

There's more in the article here: https://blog.fcanorthamerica.com/20...r-offers-a-color-thats-a-treat-for-halloween/

Advertisement

belacyrf

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Normally color is a tough one for me. White and Black always look good, Grey(s) are awesome too but I really like "color" and so it's hard choosing between a color that will pop vs a color that you are certain will not get wierd on you. Luckily for me when I test drove the rubi, the sales rep brought up a Firecracker - color Matched Rubi.. and I was sold. It stands out like crazy but I just love it. And there are very few "color" jeeps in my area. TONS of Black, White, Grey, but very few color. (though on my block I think this one house has Punk'n & Bikini) so i won't be the only color around!

TXPearl

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR HellaYella
Coming from a 2014 in Anvil Gray, I was looking for something a little different (despite really liking Sting Gray). I went with HellaYella. Easy to find in a parking lot.

Harleexl

First Name
Randy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe Sting Gray
Occupation
Automotive
Yes, only ruled out a few from the beginning. No black, too hard to keep clean. No silver, had a billet 300. I had both a Cherokee and have a GC in Granite, that's out. Not into yellow since an old friend called his JK a short bus. I liked Gecko but not mojito. Thought I'd get tired and regret Punk'in.
I built my JLU online, turned it different colors and saved all the pictures of the rest to a PowerPoint file to flip thru and it wad still really hard.
Wife wants a white Cherokee and daughters car is white... that's out.
I got down to Red, Blue, Bikini, and Sting Gray. Sting Gray doesn't look great online in the Jeep site, but I saw a JLUR in Sting Gray out on the road and that was it. Can't wait to get it home!

mwilk012

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
My old TJ was a rescue Jeep. We found it abandoned and half sunk in a riverbed (just the sand, no water) and through 100% legal means it became my first car. It was Moss Green.

Then when I graduated high school, my parents took me to a dealership to ‘just look’ and we left with a Billet Silver JKU. Wasn’t my first choice in color but it’s what they had in a base sport and it was free to me. Can’t complain.

All I’ve ever wanted was a blue Jeep. So this past summer, I finally got what I wanted. I think Ocean Blue is the best shade of blue that Jeep has offered in a long, long time. They have been wayyyy too light blue in the recent past.

So no, for me color was not the hard part. Waiting 6 months for the color to be available was tough though.

GRYVRS

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon 2018
My first choice was billet silver. Second choice granite crystal. I had a two door Rubicon Hardrock in granite crystal prior to my JL Rubicon so I was familiar with that particular color. I purchased my Jeep in May of 2018 when the pickings on So. California dealer lots where slim and the Rubicons were selling very quick. I stopped by the dealer and was able to get a look at the billet silver. One of the posters mentioned ambient lighting effecting the color aesthetics and I agree. In the sun, the billet silver with the metallic flakes was too bright for my taste. However, the same color at dusk - beautiful. I also saw a black Rubicon in person (which I had not been considering) and decided to pull the trigger. It simply spoke to me. Viewed from the front with the Rubicon hood and badging; it looks incredible. This was my first black vehicle and I made a promise to myself that I would not be OCD with the exterior. I wash it once a month (no waxing to date) and it still looks great. I will get a coat of wax on in the next month before summer kicks in. I am not a black/black/black color guy and may eventually break up the expanse of black with some silver or grey decals. I have also considered a tan soft top; I think the contrast would look great. Bottom line, to each their own, and it's a Jeep after all.

rbgeep

First Name
K
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Next year, wanna get a 2dr Rubi as a toy, got a Ram Rebel for work, so don't need a Gladiator or 4dr

Problem is color, since I got everything else down pact.

Between Firecracker, Punk'n and Mojito, doubt I'm the first to be in this position now
I have a Granite Sahara and love it, but if I were getting a Rubi it would be Punkin’

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Next year, wanna get a 2dr Rubi as a toy, got a Ram Rebel for work, so don't need a Gladiator or 4dr

Problem is color, since I got everything else down pact.

Between Firecracker, Punk'n and Mojito, doubt I'm the first to be in this position now
Of those three I also have to vote Punk’n. It’s a great color.

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I think the size of the Wrangler matters for certain colors. Some colors look better on 2 doors and not on 4 doors. IMHO the bright colors works for 2 doors and the muted Shades of Grey (including B&W) work best on the 4 doors. Not to say B&W doesn't look good on 2 doors as well BUT the colors that pop always look good on the 2 doors...

After having a white TJ back in the day and 2 recent silver versions of the JKU1 & JKU2, I really wanted to stay away from the SHADES OF GREY... And given I wanted go back to a 2 door, I knew I could go bold!

SO I choose this hard to find color matching top & fenders in HellaYella!!! The color seems to change from bright yellow to mustard yellow depending on the light reflection. Either way, I look forward to taking it out for a long and short drives.

VideoCapture_20210304-111935.jpg

VideoCapture_20210303-184916.jpg

CHEERS!!!

Advertisement

D&C Designs

Advertisement