Cleanest Phone Mount Solution

doyoufoo

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Subaru Forester
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ne-mount-their-cell-phones.11797/post-1500884

Frustrated by the pricey options, I went low rent. Benefits: it's removable and does not require any modification to your jeep... plus it costs like $2 at your local big box. It's a nite ize rubber twist tie - you can find these in multiple sizes depending on your phone size and how far you want it to hang down. Have not tried it off road but highway at high speed and usual road bumps have been fully tested.

IMG_5489.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I still have not found a solution I like. There is really no place in the Jeep to have it in arms reach, out of line of sight, and not block something else.

Sponsored

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Which proclip did you get for your 4xe? I wanted to know if the Jeep JL Center Dash Mount - Extra-Strength | ProClip USA fits for a 4xe.
I went with the ProClip Center Dash Mount (Item #855431) and ProClip Adjustable Phone Holder for Rugged Cases (Item #246817):
Jeep Wrangler JL Cleanest Phone Mount Solution ProClip1
Jeep Wrangler JL Cleanest Phone Mount Solution ProClip2
Jeep Wrangler JL Cleanest Phone Mount Solution ProClip3
I have a larger phone with an Otterbox case and it fits in this perfectly. The mount can be positioned pretty much anywhere along the dash and has enough space to clear the charge indicator LEDs. I opted for the non-magnetic holder because I've used those in the past and sometimes my larger phone is too heavy and falls off. Also when upright the phone does slightly obstruct the windshield, but I typically just turn it horizontal and that resolves any viewability issues.

Last edited:

wandrur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I just placed my order for the universal dual mount from Bulletpoint. Thanks to all who responded to this thread--great recommendations and information!

wandrur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Just installed the Bulletpoint. Realized I needed to cut the pad to maintain the looks, but no big deal. Had to cut twice, though...

A note: If you've got a protective phone case and buttons on the side like my Motorola, you may have to get creative with placement. My case has a pivoting stand that makes it too thick to fit in a central placement in the universal holder, and putting the upper part of the phone in the holder pushes the power and/or volume buttons.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cleanest Phone Mount Solution IMG_20210701_172614987_MP

Jeep Wrangler JL Cleanest Phone Mount Solution IMG_20210701_172610126

There’sOnlyOne

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hello,
Looking phone mount options for new JLU.
I like 67D phone mount but I am not sure about their track system
To me, Ram track is cleaner.
So, I am wondering if 67D track ball can be fit with Ram track.
Does anyone know?
You can use this with Ram Tough Track. Then add any 67 or Bulletpoint arms and mounts. Or you do Ram TT with 1” balls and use 67/bulletpoint arms with 1”/20mm ends. If your going to use Ram phone mounts then you use Ram 1” arms and balls. There are some phone mounts like 67/bulletpoint on amazon with a 1” ball also. But they won’t open wide enough for my phone/case. I’m trying the Ram tough track with Ram arms and balls. Then using a Ram AMPS plate with ball for their arms and mounting the ProClip rugged phone holder to the AMPS mount since ProClip is AMPS pattern based. I have an 11 pro max in defender case and the 67 and Bulletpoint universal holders won’t open wide enough for it. And I like the Ram TT look better than any other option. It looks more OE than an add on on the dash. Bulletpoint does make an XL universal phone mount that would open wide enough for my phone/case combo but it has a 20mm ball which won’t work for Ram 1” system unless I do a 67/Bulletpoint 1”/20mm combo arm or use the 67 20mm t-tack balls below with either company’s arms. I talked to BP and they said ball is bolted and epoxied to their mount so you can’t swap ball out with 1” ball.
Hope this helps out some fellow Jeepers. Been researching awhile now.

Compatible with and inserts into RAM® Tough-Track™ -including the for 18-19' Jeep JL/Gladiator (Part# RAM-DT-204-TRACK-A12U).
https://www.67d.com/collections/series-20-rails-and-accessories/products/series-20-trackball

Last edited:

Dr.Groove

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
Occupation
Musician
I just added this setup to my 4Xe Rubicon. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max with the magnet on the back that uses the MagSafe chargers. I bought the first part of the setup that comes off the grab handle from Bullet point mounting solutions. And then I found the last piece on Amazon. That piece holds the MagSafe charger on with an adhesive pad and the Wrangler has a USB-C input. This holds onto my phone (which is very large and heavy) very well with the magnet part. If you have an iPhone 12 with the magnet built into the phone this works very well. You have to purchase the MagSafe charger sold by Apple. It charges your phone while mounted which is a huge bonus since you don’t have to plug a cord into the bottom of the phone.
Can you get a shorter arm? I love the solution but it’s a bit too long for my taste.

Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Ok awesome, one more question: What size bar did you go with? and it's the 20mm, right?
Yeah they are the 20 mm studs. As for length of the bar I have 2 JL's and JK so I have ALL the lengths made by now LOL! So I'm full of info but its all personal preference on the length.

Dr.Groove

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
Occupation
Musician
Ok awesome, one more question: What size bar did you go with? and it's the 20mm, right?
thanks so much. I can’t for the life of me find the grab bar attachment? I’ve searched all over bullet point’s site. Or does it come with the arm?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I keep mine in my pocket and access via wireless CarPlay. Super stealthy. :)
Sponsored