Fantastic New Phone Mount Solution

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I can't imagine quality magnet mounts failing during low speed off roading. I can see them falling off if you were doing baja type stuff with all the heavy, sudden jarring. I have a new mous case and it has a built in magnet plate and also allows wireless charging.

I mainly wanted to show this option for anyone looking for a minimalist design alternative. I bought one of these for my wife's RAM 1500 and noticed they offer them for Jeeps. The 67D tension clasp I currently have is certainly not going to let my phone drop hitting bumps. Again, just more options.

I have this Sosche high-speed-low-drag magnetic phone mount currently installed in my 2016 Jetta interstate commuter and using a Samsung s20 with the Pitaka cell case with the integrated metal. Very clean and almost OEM look when installed. Works great until I hit a pothole, phone turns upside down or it falls on the center console area.

For my 1998 TJ and 2020 JLU, I use 67 Designs with their best thing since canned beer spring tension cradle whatchamacallit - NEVER FAILED, on interstate potholes, corrugated forest roads or boulder fields.
Sponsored

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I used a Joby GripTight Mount Pro holder on my old Xterra. It was the only phone holder that would firmly keep the device in place when off-roading. Magnet mounts don't work well off-road in my experience.

I re-used the Joby holder on my new Wrangler purchase with a 67 Designs arm. One cool thing about the Joby holder is that you can find them at Best Buy with Open-Box deals and save a few bucks. Is that being petty? Well, little things add up.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I used a Joby GripTight Mount Pro holder on my old Xterra. It was the only phone holder that would firmly keep the device in place when off-roading. Magnet mounts don't work well off-road in my experience.

I re-used the Joby holder on my new Wrangler purchase with a 67 Designs arm. One cool thing about the Joby holder is that you can find them at Best Buy with Open-Box deals and save a few bucks. Is that being petty? Well, little things add up.
Hey Brother from another mother! I just noticed your name is Rico....lol Short for Americo? My name also.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase

Nash_Dj

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler WILLYS 2021
Late for the party, but someone might find this ADVICE USEFUL...
I would stay away from magnets.
Although super-sleek and convenient mount, those powerful neodymium/rare earth magnets they use and electronics do not play well (sooner or later you will discover that) .
On top of this your phone camera small metal parts, including the housing and its auto-focus mechanism, could get magnetized and phone will not focus anymore...
ASK ME HOW DO I KNOW THAT... 🧲👎🏻 😡😡😡

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Looks decent. Though for me, Android auto works great, so no need to look at the phone while driving.
Sponsored