Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Not exactly. That had me at 3 degrees. Ended up at roughly 24 3/8" for 6 degrees. I should add that this seems to have totally solved my flighty steering.
What’s your upper control arm at? Who did the alignment. We’re at 6/6.1 and it feels decent but gets a shimmy going over bumps and if I can get rid of that I’d like it much more

Brett
Sponsored

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
I settled with mine at 5.4. I was at 6.5 and had some serious driveshaft vibes (I need a new driveshaft) Don't forget about toe. I like to run slightly more total toe with larger tires. Factory spec is .02 + or - .02. I am running .045 and its perfect for me.

Metalcloak Game Changer 3.5 That lift height needs a front driveshaft "if" you want to run enough caster and use 4WD over 40 MPH.

-Eli

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get a falcon steering stabilizer
I have the metalcloak fad skid/steering stabilizer relocation bracket. I asked ttechris if they would work together and if I remember him correctly he didn’t think so. I would hate to have that nice stabilizer so exposed

Brett

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I have the metalcloak fad skid/steering stabilizer relocation bracket. I asked ttechris if they would work together and if I remember him correctly he didn’t think so. I would hate to have that nice stabilizer so exposed

Brett
I dislike that as well but for now I'll have to deal with it . I'm sure we will have something soon to get it out of the way.

Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I settled with mine at 5.4. I was at 6.5 and had some serious driveshaft vibes (I need a new driveshaft) Don't forget about toe. I like to run slightly more total toe with larger tires. Factory spec is .02 + or - .02. I am running .045 and its perfect for me.

Metalcloak Game Changer 3.5 That lift height needs a front driveshaft "if" you want to run enough caster and use 4WD over 40 MPH.

-Eli

Did you disable your CAD/FAD? If you did not, how are you getting a front driveline vibration? Unless you are bombing it in 4hi?

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
Did you disable your CAD/FAD? If you did not, how are you getting a front driveline vibration? Unless you are bombing it in 4hi?
Reread the bottom part of my post.

-Eli

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to go play with caster tonight. Shimmy turned into full blown death wobble. Happens every time I drive it now. Luckily I can leave it home and drive my truck till I can get it lined up. Caster is 6/6.1. Going to try going with less caster and work from there.

Brett

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Going to go play with caster tonight. Shimmy turned into full blown death wobble. Happens every time I drive it now. Luckily I can leave it home and drive my truck till I can get it lined up. Caster is 6/6.1. Going to try going with less caster and work from there.

Brett
I've been everywhere between 13 degrees (don't ask) and 4.8 without any death wobble. What lift and SS are you running?

Mkz567

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler jl rubicon
Occupation
Business owner
Is this good spec? With mopar lift.
I can't read them lol.

20190209_172019.jpg

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been everywhere between 13 degrees (don't ask) and 4.8 without any death wobble. What lift and SS are you running?
MC 3.5 game changer. Factory SS with the MC relocation bracket

I think I might be on the right track now...here’s the journey. Caster was good at alignment. MC recommends LCA at 24” and UCA around 19 1/4 or something. I tried to take out two full turns tonight and didn’t even make it down my road and full on DW. Back to the shop, added the two back and added a turn. Made it further but still have DW. Put a tape on the LCA and it’s at 24.5”. In the morning I’m going to pull all 4 arms and remeasure them. I arrived at the 6 degrees caster but I think I pushed the axles further than it should’ve gone. I’m hoping it’s something that simple but once I know it’s right I can cross it off my list and move forward. If that doesn’t get it, I’ll spend all day Tuesday at the alignment shop until we figure out what’s going on.

Brett

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Could be the factory stabilizer too. I know it's a hot topic with the long time jeep owners but it seems to be more important in the JL than on the previous models.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you running the original drag link in original location? If so you might consider a flip kit to get it more parallel with track bar, sometimes it helps in 3.5 lifts or higher.
Drag link and track bar are in perfect alignment. This has been driving me crazy. Want to swap out to stock wheels and check that too but need to find some local

Brett

JimmyDoom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I have a 2018 JL Rubicon (so it's 2" higher then the Sahara) and I have 35" tires on it. I replaced my stabilizer with the Falcon 2.2 and I just had my steering box replaced because of my loose steering issue. Since then, I notice it seems to drift or wonder a little more then it used to. Below is the print out of my alignment. Should I invest in some new LCA's to increase my caster to help with the drifting? What LCA's should I get? I might end up getting the Yeti XD adjustable track bar, Would this be a problem with the new LCA's?

upload_2019-3-8_16-13-53.png
Sponsored