Camp Coffee Set Up

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I am not really too much of a coffee snob, and use a Keurig at home (I actually just got one of their smart brewers with the milk frother and gave my old one to my daughter). Summer weekends, I make cold brew.

When camping I make coffee with the Aeropress, which is quite nice. If it's really hot out outside, I take some cold brew in the cooler and may or may not make hot coffee with the Aeropress.

Having said that, today's Best Buy Deal of the Day is this thing for $55 off the regular price...

Jeep Wrangler JL Camp Coffee Set Up 1664456833974

But nah, I think I would prefer to use my Jackery on other things.
Sponsored

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
Smoothest coffee I've ever made...

Cowboy Coffee - Cowboy Kent Rollins

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup coffee grounds
  • 1 quart warm water
Instructions
  1. If using a coffee pot, fill with water to the bottom of the spout and warm. Depending on what size pot you are using you can estimate 1/4 cup of grounds to 1 quart of water.
  2. Add the coffee grounds and bring to a rolling boil. To prevent the water from boiling over, you can slightly reduce the heat when boiling. Boil for about 4 minutes- the longer the boil the stouter the coffee will be.
  3. Remove the pot from the heat and let rest 2 minutes. Pour about 1/2 to 3/4 cup for smaller pots and 1 to 1 1/2 cups of cold water for larger pots down the spout and in the top of the pot. The cold water will settle the grounds.
  4. Serve hot.

MikeyK

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Earl
Probably not everyone’s favorite choices, but I do one of two things:

1. Power inverter (2000 w) and use my Keureg - untested yet because I want to buy separate marine grade batteries 🤷‍♂️

2. Rent a camp site with electrical hook up and plug the Keureg in! I know, that’s cheating, but I want my Keureg coffee early in the cool morning air before I walk 100 feet to fly fish in Penns Creek. I do that twice a year, and I’m getting ready for next weekend. 😁😁😁

Last edited:

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
I've been drinking almost exclusively Cometeer coffee for the better part of a year. They don't take up much space in a cooler, so I've found them rather convenient to take camping. Plus, the capsules are all Aluminum for recylability!

https://cometeer.com/r/Q2qrZa

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I just wake up and go to Starbucks or the whatever local gas station is near by camp.
Gas station coffee-yuck😳. I’d about as soon drink the gas😵. Take fresh roasted beans, crush them, place in a small cloth bag and drop into a pot of boiling water. Let boil until it suits You-that’s Coffee.

RonRWillys

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Small hand press espresso maker. Add a splash of Baileys and off I go.

BTW, I use a coffee grinder on coarse for the French press and fine for the espresso.

955AEF63-8224-485F-A6E2-B44FD79673FE.jpeg

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Gas station coffee-yuck😳. I’d about as soon drink the gas😵. Take fresh roasted beans, crush them, place in a small cloth bag and drop into a pot of boiling water. Let boil until it suits You-that’s Coffee.
Most gas stations have the coffee grinders or what ever before making the coffee. At least the ones I usually go to does... I think it’s usually better and cheaper then Starbucks.

Oh and I also eat gas station food just about daily.

Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
First off, I see a new internet series... produced by Jerry Seinfeld...

Curmudgeons in Jeeps Drinking Coffee. :)

Second, I haven't done the overlanding thing yet, but I think I'd try one of these:

Jeep Wrangler JL Camp Coffee Set Up s-l1600

Fill with the center with a good grind and the outside with water the day before I take off. Then I can drink the steeped cold brew over ice if I want, or pour it into a metal mug to heat over a fire in the morning.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
First off, I see a new internet series... produced by Jerry Seinfeld...

Curmudgeons in Jeeps Drinking Coffee. :)

Second, I haven't done the overlanding thing yet, but I think I'd try one of these:

Jeep Wrangler JL Camp Coffee Set Up 20221006_075214

Fill with the center with a good grind and the outside with water the day before I take off. Then I can drink the steeped cold brew over ice if I want, or pour it into a metal mug to heat over a fire in the morning.
That's very similar to the thing I have. It makes good cold brew and is quite easy. I transfer the brew to an RTIC bottle to take camping.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Peet's coffee French roast and a pour over filter. Not the quickest or most convenient set up, but that's the point of camping. Take it easy, be in the moment, and take the time to make and enjoy a perfect cup of coffee in the morning.
Sponsored