Sponsored

Camp stove

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
Just scored a JetBoil Genesis Base Camp for $200. Then I bought a Dometic Go table for another $200 which is more than its worth. My thinking was I wanted something more versatile than a tailgate table. I wanted something that wouldn't rattle like even my Goose Gear did. I also wanted something bigger. I wish the table was about 6-8" higher which would make it around the same height as my tailgate table was.I also didn't want to lose the valuable 2" in the back since I sleep back there. I also wanted a table that I could sit at with other people. So all in I got everything for $400 and my GG table was $582. I think this will be a great setup going forward.

Jeep Wrangler JL Camp stove IMG_0893

Jeep Wrangler JL Camp stove IMG_0896
Sponsored

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I finally was able to buy the proper fitted storage bag for my Kovea Twin stove. I'd been previously carrying it around in a monitor case I bought off of Amazon which worked but it was a little big and added extra weight. I'm hoping this help with the tetris I have to do to fit everything for camping in the back of the 2dr.

Jeep Wrangler JL Camp stove IMG_2897

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
After a decent amount of time with it, my opinion on the scottle as a camping stove has soured... It's great for on the back porch, but a pain in the butt while camping. Going to switch to a coleman stove and bring my cast iron along in the future.
I ended up going to a jetboil zip instead of a coleman + pan combo. I had my first opportunity to use it camping a few weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier. The freeze-dried meals I've found have been delicious and filling, and having lightning-fast meals and coffee were a game changer for me.

I don't get to go camping as frequently as I'd like because of work/kid's school/planning around Texas heat, so maximizing the amount of adventure time we get instead of prep/cooking/cleanup makes the jetboil perfect for me. Bonus points for it being extremely space efficient for a 2-door.

I contemplated selling the skottle for a while and may still, but for now I'm holding onto it.
Sponsored