Buy back??

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
My JLUS has been in and out of dealership for 39 days since August 10. I’m just starting With corporate to see about buy back and options. Just want to be done with all this with my Jeep. Been on phone a couple times with them but not to offering buy back yet. Buying a new Jeep shouldn’t be this annoying. My other 2 Jeeps sure as hell weren’t.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Iaacosta86

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I figured I would give an update on what happened. So FCA decided to start the process on a buyback, wasnt easy to do with them fighting back. Who would of thought that 3 months at the dealership wasnt enough for them to start this process or a replacement process on their own. Signed paperwork on Halloween and started searching for another Rubicon. Unfortunately since my financement loan was from a credit union bank that didnt offer collateral the fastest and easiest way to get out of that car/loan was to do a buyback and have me go out and repurchase another JL. I had the dealership find me a V6 Brightwhite with LED and infotainment and it took them two weeks to find the car around the same price point as my previous JL. Too many 2.0turbo JL for sale out here in SoCal . I have 1k miles on this and pushed it to its limit on a trail last week. Even took some trails rash and scars but it did not give me any issues of any kind and I hope it stays that way. I had nothing to complain about the other JL's steering but this one feels so much better and precise. I'm glad I got back into a JL, I'm enjoying it now

20181125_124328.jpg

20181127_174311.jpg

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Glad it all worked out and sorry you had to go thru so many hoops

TheJoyceIsYours

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer
I figured I would give an update on what happened. So FCA decided to start the process on a buyback, wasnt easy to do with them fighting back. Who would of thought that 3 months at the dealership wasnt enough for them to start this process or a replacement process on their own. Signed paperwork on Halloween and started searching for another Rubicon. Unfortunately since my financement loan was from a credit union bank that didnt offer collateral the fastest and easiest way to get out of that car/loan was to do a buyback and have me go out and repurchase another JL. I had the dealership find me a V6 Brightwhite with LED and infotainment and it took them two weeks to find the car around the same price point as my previous JL. Too many 2.0turbo JL for sale out here in SoCal . I have 1k miles on this and pushed it to its limit on a trail last week. Even took some trails rash and scars but it did not give me any issues of any kind and I hope it stays that way. I had nothing to complain about the other JL's steering but this one feels so much better and precise. I'm glad I got back into a JL, I'm enjoying it now

20181125_124328.jpg

20181127_174311.jpg
Did FCA help you at all to get a good deal on your next JL?

OP
OP
Iaacosta86

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Did FCA help you at all to get a good deal on your next JL?
They did not unfortunately, what they gave me was my full money back (taxes, down payment, and every monthly payment made). From the information I gathered from other people going through this process, they usually deduct mileage and whatever damage done to the vehicle. Possibly not even returning sales tax.

The buyback process was handled by stericycle a third party company. The person that handled my paperwork gave me the contact info the fleet manager at the Dealer.

The dealer did help by price matching and locating the vehicle I wanted. Unfortunately most dealers in SoCal have a wide variety of 2L turbo rubicons. For the 3.6 they had basic Rubicons and fully loaded Rubicons. A dealer willing to trade lot vehicles was also an issue but my dealer was finally able to make it happen. This JL has more options and obviously the rise in price for the newer build dates and options was taken care of by the dealer and given to me at the price of the other JL.

Sponsored

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
Be careful of Stericycle. They're hopeless. After a quick buy back after only 46 miles and 23 hours of posession my 2018 was bought back in 10 days with cooperation from dealership and FCA.
I was asked if I wanted my cash back, I paid in full on delivery, or if I planned to reorder. I said I was going to buy another so they recommend a replacement agreement. I was told these orders were expedited in production. Pushed to early build dates. Well I reordered my 2019 Sept 17.
I stayed in touch with Stericycle weekly and the were poor at corresponding to say the least. I had recieved my plates and pink slip a d cancelled my insurance as I returned the Jeep the day after delivery as I didn't want the responsibility of keeping it
I tied to have the buyback deal done in October and November and was assured that once the replacement arrived it was a quick simple task.
After waiting nearly 3 months I get an email from my dealer saying to come get my 2019.
After a shakedown and test drive we went to this simple paperwork.
Well turns out after 3 hours calling the Stericycle agent with no reply to the dealer or myself I ripped off a scathing email and what do you know I got a call in 5 minutes.
By now it's 3:30 in SoCal Stericycle is in Houston I believe and it's Friday.
After a 10 minute speakerphone session where I was told the 2019 wasn't at the dealership while I was holding the keys and looking at it, seems stericycle tracking is worthless.
I was told my 2018 hadn't been evaluated by their field agency even though it had been on the dealership for 3 months. I was pissed. This is what I had requested in October and November.
Well after 5 hours at the dealership. I left being told again Stericycle would expedite
As it is now I'm 3 months without a vehicle. My 45,000 has been sitting there in a undriveable mass and I'm driven 21 miles home by w friend who works at the dealership.
What I gleamed from Stericycle.
1) Do not take the replacement
2) Return the vehicle and refuse to keep it ASAP
3) If kept they will depreciate your value by 20 cents a mile or so and any imperfections will be your fault.

Take the cash and turn around and reorder. Your refund check will be 20 days or so.

Hopefully I can drive my Jeep home this month.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I got my full purchase price credited to my next vehicle.
Transaction was as if I traded it in and very simple.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
What does it mean as far as numbers, if they offer a replacement at msrp, does that mean the replacement vehicle will be the same msrp price?
If new vehicle is more $ you pay the difference.
Sponsored