Sponsored

Toasted Engine at 9200 miles. Should I expect FCA to honor a buy back?

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
As others have said it might depend on the state but typically the same issue has to re-occur 3 times for a lemon law to stick. The dealership should however provide you a replacement vehicle at no charge while your Jeep is in the shop.
Sponsored

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
Does anyone check their own fluids anymore? Seems like it might have been a preventable issue.

Gravytheclown

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Willys
Does anyone check their own fluids anymore? Seems like it might have been a preventable issue.
I checked all my fluid levels right before we left on our trip. Everything was right where it was supposed to be. And with the gauge readings good during the trip there was no indication any of any issues. In my case it literally went from 195 or 200 ( under the half line) to redline in under 3 seconds. I was cruising 75 mph and had been for the last hour or so. I every few minutes cycle through tire pressure, trans temp and oil temp. All had been in Acceptable ranges.
this really came from out of know where.

The dealer actually told me my coolant system was work and the temp spike was due to air bubble at the sensor.
Now on the way to Hoover dam after the initial repair, I started seeing strange things with the gauges. The temp gauge was bouncing from 195 - 247 and back again in short order. Oil temp stayed around 215 and trans temp was 197. This was doing 65 on the freeway. Also when we got back to dealer it was now leaking at the main coolant reservoir.
Gravy

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Does anyone check their own fluids anymore?
Every Saturday morning, I check all of the fluids in all of the vehicles (one Jeep, two Hondas, two motorcycles). Quick and easy.

LVJeepn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bikini Pearl
Occupation
CNC Laser Programmer, CAD Designer
We had a similar issue with our '19 JLUR with the 2.0. At 30k the engine was toast. It had started to get a light rattle that you could hear in drive throughs. We took it in, and they said it may be an exhaust guard, but could not find any issues. Less than 2 weeks later it sounded like someone dumped a box of marbles in the engine. With my experience around vehicles, I immediately thought rod bearings. The dealer never told us exact cause, but they said Jeep engineers were at the dealer looking at it. Now at 40k we are experiencing all kinds of electrical codes popping up. Just escalated with @JeepCares to see if they can help us out. We love the Jeep but this is becoming a nightmare. We also have issues with it popping out of 4H and 4L.
Sponsored