Iaacosta86

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
If you get an exact replacement with same options then msrp would normally be the same and it’s an even swap BUT Jeep has raised the msrp by $1,000 since February. Don’t know how that will affect your buy back. Price will most likely be even higher for 2019 model year if you have to place an order instead of buying off the lot.

Basically Jeep is giving you a credit based on the msrp of your current Jeep regardless of what you actually paid. You can use that credit to purchase another Jeep at msrp.

Also, if you purchased any extended warranty make sure those transfer to your new VIN or get a refund.
You can still order or purchase a cheaper vehicle with a lower msrp correct? If so does the extra credit just go away or is that something i can sti use?
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
If your msrp was 48k you can find another one that’s 48k and it’ll be an even equity swap. If it’s now 49k you’ll be responsible for the extra 1k. I made out like a bandit as I was able to get a model year newer and after being reimbursed for all the things I had done on the truck I got a check back. New truck ended up being several grand more expensive.

Brett

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
You can still order or purchase a cheaper vehicle with a lower msrp correct? If so does the extra credit just go away or is that something i can sti use?
Good question . If you get a cheaper vehicle , they might flim flam you and say : "Oh , it wasn't explained to you ? Our processing fee just happens to be the same amount we owe you . Ha Ha ."

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Have your dealer put u in contact with ur regional customer service manager. They end up being involved anyway when you go to corp and they typically offer better customer service. At least it has with my case.

OP
OP
Iaacosta86

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Have your dealer put u in contact with ur regional customer service manager. They end up being involved anyway when you go to corp and they typically offer better customer service. At least it has with my case.
I havent dealt with the dealer, corporate has already been contacted so they'll probably be added to this situation after this

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I havent dealt with the dealer, corporate has already been contacted so they'll probably be added to this situation after this
I got nowhere with hq. On a fluke i got the rcsm and he took care of everything in days. No we wait for the new jeep to arrive.

OP
OP
Iaacosta86

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I got nowhere with hq. On a fluke i got the rcsm and he took care of everything in days. No we wait for the new jeep to arrive.
I suppose it doesnt hurt to give him a call, im more than likely going to give them a call this afternoon and see what they can do. If all else fails ill just hire a lemon law lawyer and have him handle everything

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suppose it doesnt hurt to give him a call, im more than likely going to give them a call this afternoon and see what they can do. If all else fails ill just hire a lemon law lawyer and have him handle everything
Rcsm can fix issue without you losing money. Lemon law and lawyers cost you money

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does each dealer have its own rcsm?
REGIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER Rcsm is regional. Each have several states worth of dealers they are in charge of. Cali might have its own. For instance mine in Colorado has a region stretching as far east as minnesota.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Iaacosta86

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I went to the dealer yesterday and asked them if i can get in contact or recieve contact info for the RCSM and their response was that only employees deal with them. He also said that their rep is gonna be at their dealer and that he will talk to her and get all the info of my case because it might of escalated to a buy back already since im unable to get in contact with my case manager and also provide me with all the correct contact info to get in contact with someone to get this resolved

On monday an engineer flew out to work on my car and told them to order a new shifter and try to see if it resolves the issue. Itll arrive at the dealer today and install it.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to the dealer yesterday and asked them if i can get in contact or recieve contact info for the RCSM and their response was that only employees deal with them. He also said that their rep is gonna be at their dealer and that he will talk to her and get all the info of my case because it might of escalated to a buy back already since im unable to get in contact with my case manager and also provide me with all the correct contact info to get in contact with someone to get this resolved

On monday an engineer flew out to work on my car and told them to order a new shifter and try to see if it resolves the issue. Itll arrive at the dealer today and install it.
Thats bs. I talk to mine every 10 days or so. Contact another dealers gm and say your having issues with your jeep and the dealer is unwilling to put you in contact with rcsm.

OP
OP
Iaacosta86

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So i recieved my jeep yesterdays and the damn thing left me stranded on the road again, after 10 weeks it spent at the dealership. My buy back process is almost finished just waiting for the checks to clear through and at this point i dont know if i should hop onto another JL but just in case i am looking at other vehicles. I dont doubt the performance and capability or even the reliability if a JL, i just dont want to have to deal with FCA cause they put up a fight with me trying to get the buy back/replacement process going

RubiZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
That really sucks! I think you gave them enough chances to fix your Jeep. At this point the best thing to do is walk away and see what other vehicle suits you best.

darkhorse

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Ive been having the same type of issues with the esc and auto-stop light coming on when vehicle is warmed up.. they had it 1 week and the repair didn't fix the problem.Man it sounds like the dealer would be anxious to take the car back just to get you happy with a car.They have slush funds to cover these things and don't really lose much but they have the money and you have the car.. so not much incentive other than not wanting super bad reviews.
Sponsored