people who've dealt w/ buy back step inside

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Sort of at my wits end with my current rig. Local FCA rep has actually been great to work with and essentially I'll be figuring out whether I just want to be bought out or have my JLUR replaced. In terms of vehicle selection, I'm going to give the JLUR one last chance but with another rig.

What I would love to know from anyone that's gone through the process whether through FCA directly or stericycle - did you have to remove all mods and bring back to stock completely? Before people start giving me a hard time about mods on a leased vehicle, I leased my JLUR under my company with intention of buying it out after lease - I didn't expect I would be going through a potential buy back or replacement 6 months into owning it. Reason I ask is 99% of all mods are mopar, curious if there's a world where would just get a credit for those. Not looking forward to removing the rock slide engineering rockers :(

Also, if anyone has any timing on how long replacement took and that process dos / donts of course appreciated.
Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
You will not get paid a dime for any aftermarket part mopar or not you will have to remove them and either sell them yourself or install on a replacement Jeep.

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
You will not get paid a dime for any aftermarket part mopar or not you will have to remove them and either sell them yourself or install on a replacement Jeep.
Got it. It's what I assumed, thought I'd ask anyways. Not looking forward to days of swapping parts but I guess worth it for a new JLUR vs. current issues.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Just what I thought, that is why the mods I want to do, LED, wheels and some small interior upgrades I have held off on. If this coming weeks attemptmto fix is unsuccessful I will be pushing for a trade...and upgrade for the aggravation.

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Just what I thought, that is why the mods I want to do, LED, wheels and some small interior upgrades I have held off on. If this coming weeks attemptmto fix is unsuccessful I will be pushing for a trade...and upgrade for the aggravation.
Unfortunately a lot of my mods I started day 1 - the real big issues started around November this past year. Like I said - I am NOT looking forward to removing the rock slide engineering sliders just weeks after installing them. Rest of the stuff like matte grill, mopar tailgate reinforcement is a pain but much more doable.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
This info is flat out wrong. I just completed my buyback. I was given credit for all modifications for which I provided a receipt.
really? both mopar and non mopar?

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Ok I will say this that it’s most likely state specific as to what you will or won’t get. It’s been a long time since I have had to do a buyback and no I didn’t get credit for any aftermarket parts and was forced to remove them if I wanted them. So with that being said yes if I were you I would go ahead and ask them to pay for everything if you have receipts and the worse they can tell you is no.

gcnd06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BW JLUR (lemon'd), 2019 SG JLUR
Yep, I got credit for mopar and non mopar parts. Granted I only had a few hundred bucks worth of stuff. Part of the stericycle process was to send them all receipts.

Your mileage may vary but this is what happened in my case.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Totally not true…Lemon law demand is different for every State. In WI you will get back every penny. I suggest the OP look into his State laws or check with AG of his State.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I read in another thread where someone had to pay extra for the replacement though it was the exact same vehicle. The MSRP went up since their original purchase. You would think FCA would cover it, but they didn't.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Our ram was bought back several years ago. Thing might have changed but can’t believe they would’ve to much. We were given 100% value for anything we had receipts for. Ram gave me msrp of my first truck to go towards msrp of the replacement. There was model year increase that I was responsible along with other options I ordered on the new one.

It didn’t matter what the mod was or the brand. I had a fuel tank and other bolt on like GN hitch and stuff. It was a pain but persistence paid off. Was worth it and glad we stuck it out

Brett

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Good to know. Anyone that got reimbursed for aftermarket parts - did you have to return the original parts? IE if I’m returning my JLUR with mopar beadlocks and 35s do I need to return the OEm rubicon wheels / tires as well?

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Good to know. Anyone that got reimbursed for aftermarket parts - did you have to return the original parts? IE if I’m returning my JLUR with mopar beadlocks and 35s do I need to return the OEm rubicon wheels / tires as well?
I didn’t have to on mine

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Just completed my buyback and I got every penny back for my parts I had a receipt for. Couple companies sent me receipts I didn’t have too. Process takes like 6-8 weeks but worked out for me. They were fair the price of new one and I added few things to mine. They didn’t make me pay for mileage on old one either. Try get that will save you money. Good luck
Sponsored