First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Maybe read a book instead of streaming Netflix when camping to save on data useage?
Lol
I only need the data for meals with clients while I’m out of town. Sprint who is my cell services sucks to begin with. Most of my trips are really remote and when we do get service I’ll have 50-100 emails that I have to reply to.
Sponsored

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
............I'm just amazed you spent $100K on your build..... Solid gold interior??? I guess it could get up that high, just amazed.
EXACTLY!
For $100,000 I'm gonna have Dana 60's, a new trans to go behind 700hp, 40" tires, full roll cage, harnesses, winch front and rear, a full custom belly pan and even more.
How did you spend $100,000?
It’s was not hard to hit that mark, I paid $57,900 on my Jeep and the rest are upgrades, $4k+ in just lights, I just replaced the Fox 2.0 shocks because I was on my third set, wet with Fox 2.5 with remote reservoir fully adjustable,
Someone posted my build in this tread, it was a featured build.

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Thank you
As any Jeep owner knows the build never stops!
I’m on 37” tires now with Fox 2.5 with remote reservoir, fully adjustable shocks. I went through three sets of the 2.0 Fox, oh and I replaced my cabinet with a 100% carbon fiber one, weighs in at 33lbs

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Very beautiful. So he's got a $60k Jeep with $40k in aftermarket parts and is thinking about pushing for "buy back" because of a radio issue? I get that its a complete pain in the ass (I've had the blue screen and cutting out radio a couple of times), but surely it would be easier to work with Jeep on truly solving it instead of stripping all those mods off to apply to another Jeep. Unless, Jeep won't keep working on it because of some of the mods. In which case, I don't see them doing a buy back either.
I completely agree with you!
The dealership has been great to work with, FCA has been trying to help resolve the problem. As of today AT&T has not connected my Jeep to my prepaid account. I have an open case with FCA to see if they can’t get AT&T to re connect me. AT&T has made trying to contact corporate impossible with every number or email running you in a circle. Beyond frustrating because I really don’t have the time to deal with this when it should be a simple call to fix it.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Lol
I only need the data for meals with clients while I’m out of town. Sprint who is my cell services sucks to begin with. Most of my trips are really remote and when we do get service I’ll have 50-100 emails that I have to reply to.
Wtf? A $100k Jeep and SPRINT as your cell service provider? If I was as reliant on mobile data as you, I'd have service with Verizon and ATT primarily, but not Sprint. Maybe time to divert some of that Jeep money towards a decent service provider.

Sponsored

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
It’s was not hard to hit that mark, I paid $57,900 on my Jeep and the rest are upgrades, $4k+ in just lights, I just replaced the Fox 2.0 shocks because I was on my third set, wet with Fox 2.5 with remote reservoir fully adjustable,
Someone posted my build in this tread, it was a featured build.
Holy moly!

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
You think he should bring them some doughnuts ? ;)
Lol
I been bringing the dealership 85 degrees pastries on a regular basis.
The dealership has been great to work with, AT&T on the other hand not so much

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Yeah, so the radio issue sucks and would certainly be frustrating. Hopefully they can get it figured out. But... If you dropped $100k on a Wrangler/mods, then pony up on some data plans on your phone(s).
I hear what your saying about a better plan.
I pay for 8 phones on my account, back in 2012 I had someone come to my company to try and help us cut our overhead. I was paying back than unlimited data on all 8 phones and the bill was crazy every month. They looked at a two year use of all the phone data and determined we could go with a shared limited data plan because of the amount we used. To cover our bases I added AT&T plan to everyone’s iPad. In a five year period I saved $30k on just the cell phone bill. Yeah, that is a lot of money being wasted for something we were not using

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Wtf? A $100k Jeep and SPRINT as your cell service provider? If I was as reliant on mobile data as you, I'd have service with Verizon and ATT primarily, but not Sprint. Maybe time to divert some of that Jeep money towards a decent service provider.
Hey
Thanks for the comment.

Where I live Sprint works just fine. We have AT&T data on our iPad and Jeep.
What is really interesting is when we are in remote areas, whos and what phone will work. Most of the time the Jeep WiFi wins because of the large cell antenna.

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Here is an update!
After 5 days of calling every day to AT&T trying to get them to get me re connected. They got it fixed today at 5pm. What was really frustrating was after giving them the information off the radio on one day, they said per the tech, they need the same information because it is not in their system. I would get a different story every time I called to check the status.
They said I would get an email update, never happened. Someone would call me back, never happened.
When I tried to get someone at ATT corporate, never going to happen. This company has done everything possible to make contacting them impossible. They have a call center that is there to passivity the person complaining.
This is what happens when a company has a Monopoly. It would be nice if FCA opened their connect a car to other carriers.

Thank you to everyone who commented
Hopefully this radio last a little longer and I really hope no one else has the problems I had to deal with.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
@James How much of that $100k was labor at 4wheel parts?
Sponsored