First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
But how long warranty wise do they cover it for 3 yrs or 5?
The 36 month is for all sheet metal panels. The 60 month is for outer-body sheet metal panels only (per attached US warranty). I assume the Canada warranty is identical except for the 160km limit.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges Warranty Page 8
Sponsored

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
Door hinges and bubbling on door edge?
I've read that door hinges are not necessarily covered. Door edge is part of the outer-body sheet metal so yes.

Sponsored

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
Any recommendation on Massachusetts dealers that will repair door corrosion around the hinges. My dealer Quirk in Marshfield, MA does not have a body shop and recommends I find another dealer. I think Jeep would be wise to change the design and move the hinges inboard in the next redesign. The aesthetics are not worth this hassle.

Tug

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Serious question... Would any of you trust a repaint? I'm not sure I would.

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Serious question... Would any of you trust a repaint? I'm not sure I would.
That's why I was putting it off, but what's the alternative? Paint is going to eventually flake off exposing corroded aluminum if I do nothing. Repainting at least delays that scenario by a few years. If it comes back from body shop mismatched and looking like crap (which is what I am most afraid of), then I will figure what to do next. Sell it? Maybe. Would I buy another NEW wrangler? Likely NOT until they get their act together, which I am afraid just won't happen. We'll see.

Sponsored

Ifraaz

First Name
Ifraaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I would trust it if done correctly rather than having bubbles on the panels! If it doesn't look perfect ill make sure the bodyshop makes it perfect.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
I wonder if it would help if you installed the door hinge screws with silicone on the threads. Basically something to separate the two different materials to help avoid the galvanic reaction.

When I had to install a VHF antennae onto my carbon fiber sailboat mast the manufacturer recommended using silicon on the threads to help "separate" the two materials in an an effort to avoid any interaction. Seemed to have worked in that application.

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Good luck all with your repairs! It never seems ends with mine! This will be the 3rd paint corrosion issue requiring yet another trip to the dealer and a few weeks in a loaner. This time it's starting on my tailgate. When will the hood go? What will it do when I'm out of the corrosion warranty? I'm almost just done with it.. getting pretty old..

IMG_20210804_190314311.jpg

Sm284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
Any recommendation on Massachusetts dealers that will repair door corrosion around the hinges. My dealer Quirk in Marshfield, MA does not have a body shop and recommends I find another dealer. I think Jeep would be wise to change the design and move the hinges inboard in the next redesign. The aesthetics are not worth this hassle.
Planet in Franklin