Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 743 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
The one thing that Bronco has that peaks my interest over my JLUS is the availability of that awesome 2.7 Ecoboost. Jeep really need to offer a solid, affordable, well powered option for the JL. While I do like my Pentastar, it lacks the low end grunt and is just slightly underpowered for the 4 door IMO. I had a 2.0 turbo rental JLU and wasn’t a fan...very peaky powerband, but horrendous from a stop. The 3.0 diesel is a good option, but pricey and comes with all the problems of any modern diesel with after treatment systems. Then the 392...which a good amount of people can’t afford. Why not a 5.7 option, or what happened to the twin turbo inline 6 they’ve been teasing for the last few years?!
Sponsored

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I think the 2dr JL looks "off", because it's looks almost as wide as it is long.
There's something about the look of the thick 2 door JL that I just love. Of course, I like my ladies that way too so I don't expect to be in the majority. :LOL:

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Ya, doesn't look like much room for tire travel either.
also seems like they are trying to line up every possible accessory available prior to actually building the damn thing.....what a waste all these folks dying to get one will be pissed. Can't imagine waiting 1-2 yrs for a damn truck that no doubt will be plagued with first year issues.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I had a reservation for a Badlands Bronco to replace my Sport S but, after delays and delays and delays, I cancelled the reservation and bought a new Rubicon. From what I was seeing it would have been late 2021 before we could have taken delivery. I was also considering a Warthog but then I'd be waiting until maybe late 2022.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The one thing that Bronco has that peaks my interest over my JLUS is the availability of that awesome 2.7 Ecoboost. Jeep really need to offer a solid, affordable, well powered option for the JL. While I do like my Pentastar, it lacks the low end grunt and is just slightly underpowered for the 4 door IMO. I had a 2.0 turbo rental JLU and wasn’t a fan...very peaky powerband, but horrendous from a stop. The 3.0 diesel is a good option, but pricey and comes with all the problems of any modern diesel with after treatment systems. Then the 392...which a good amount of people can’t afford. Why not a 5.7 option, or what happened to the twin turbo inline 6 they’ve been teasing for the last few years?!
I agree and have said it many time - the inability to bring the i6 turbo to the market is a huge issue for FCA. It leaves the 5.7 filling that slot across their whole US lineup which is too big and not efficient enough. Can't get help there from PSA because their focus is smaller engines. Hopefully it will still happen, but I'm beginning to doubt it.

Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a reservation for a Badlands Bronco to replace my Sport S but, after delays and delays and delays, I cancelled the reservation and bought a new Rubicon. From what I was seeing it would have been late 2021 before we could have taken delivery. I was also considering a Warthog but then I'd be waiting until maybe late 2022.
yup Ford managed to screw up their biggest new vehicle launch in decades.. Who knows maybe a couple years down the road I'll get into one but not until all the bugs are figured out, hype dies down.

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
I agree and have said it many time - the inability to bring the i6 turbo to the market is a huge issue for FCA. It leaves the 5.7 filling that slot across their whole US lineup which is too big and not efficient enough. Can't get help there from PSA because their focus is smaller engines. Hopefully it will still happen, but I'm beginning to doubt it.
Go to wagoneerforums.org website and click on Wagoneer Powertrains; the turbo inline 6 will show up in the wagoneer late this year, a few months after launch. The high output version will be around 525 horsepower.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Go to wagoneerforums.org website and click on Wagoneer Powertrains; the turbo inline 6 will show up in the wagoneer late this year, a few months after launch. The high output version will be around 525 horsepower.
I thought I had heard rumors about an straight 6 coming back think it was code name hurricane or something like that. Now that would be AWESOME!

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Once they cram it into a Wrangler, I’ll be trading in lol

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I was very enthusiastic about the new Bronco and put down $100 to reserve a spot. When the dealer wouldn't give me even a ball park idea on delivery and online discussions were saying 6-18 months, I decided to go with a 2021 2dr Wrangler, instead. Waiting on delivery right now, hoping it'll show up by April.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
yup Ford managed to screw up their biggest new vehicle launch in decades.. Who knows maybe a couple years down the road I'll get into one but not until all the bugs are figured out, hype dies down.
To be fair, there are some extraordinary circumstances behind the Bronco's delays.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I hope they are right, but their source is moparinsiders, who have been pushing this rumor for years.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
When they initially announced that sharp 7 speed manual, I was interested. When I saw pictures of it, I was ready to buy one. When they came out and said that the 7 speed, with a creeper gear that is purposes for off road would not be available with the 2.7 OR the Sasquatch package, I tapped out.
Manual sasquatch is coming in MY22. No word on whether Ford will ever make the manual trans with the 2.7 though.
Sponsored