Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
There's always people shopping for vehicles. I don't see how it matters if it slips another year.
That’s like saying putting off your wedding for the fifth time is okay because people are always getting married...LOL!

I am pretty sure it matters to those waiting.

For the rest of us, it is just non-stop entertainment.
Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
That’s like saying putting off your wedding for the fifth time is okay because people are always getting married...LOL!

I am pretty sure it matters to those waiting.

For the rest of us, it is just non-stop entertainment.
Uh...no, it's nothing like that. Did you read the post I replied to? I understand what you are saying and agree those that are waiting will be dissappointed and many will buy other vehicles. However, they are not the only buyers that Ford is selling to. This will certainly diminish the hype but others, like myself, may be in the market by the time this thing has hit its stride.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Should be a great SUV, Ford is firing all their contractors today including engineers who worked on the Bronco program LOL What could go wrong :)

"Engineers, for example, may work years on product launches at Ford though technically employed by an outside agency. Contract employees are rarely given severance or health care; their pay ends immediately."

"Contract workers were notified by their agency employers late Friday that "their assignment at Ford has ended," Ford spokesman Ian Thibodeau confirmed to the Free Press, part of the USA TODAY Network.

Cuts were effective immediately upon notice, Thibodeau said."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-motor-co-cuts-contract-153410934.html

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I had my JL for less than a month when reservations went live for the Bronco. At the time, I figured a refundable $100 is easy enough to put down should I not find myself happy with the Jeep. I've been absolutely thrilled. Never loved a vehicle more than my JL. It's been awesome and remains awesome. If only the weather would warm up, so I could get out and work on it. I have a few accessories sitting in my garage waiting to be added.

Anyway, I got the call from Ford yesterday about my reservation. "Your Bronco is ready to be built," said the eager salesmen at my local dealership. At of curiosity, I spent a fair amount of time last night looking at the Bronco options. The sheer number of models and options for this thing are over the top. Configuring one is no easy task and they get expensive (over $50k is what I'd deem expensive) quick. Having my 18' Sahara JL (with upgraded Rubi tires, steel bumper, etc) as a reference - pricing those things into a Bronco easily put me over that mark. I think I ended up at $55k for a well equipped 4-door Badlands with Sasquatch.

I'll probably let my $100 sit at Ford for a while longer. Absent any of these on the road or reviewed vs the deep history and track record of our Wranglers makes it a risky bet.

FWIW, I was told Sasquatch is available and my order would be delivered in Q4.

Also, not playing favorites, but the Bronco forum seems to lack the community, moderation and general good will I've experienced here.

Sponsored

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I had my JL for less than a month when reservations went live for the Bronco. At the time, I figured a refundable $100 is easy enough to put down should I not find myself happy with the Jeep. I've been absolutely thrilled. Never loved a vehicle more than my JL. It's been awesome and remains awesome. If only the weather would warm up, so I could get out and work on it. I have a few accessories sitting in my garage waiting to be added.

Anyway, I got the call from Ford yesterday about my reservation. "Your Bronco is ready to be built," said the eager salesmen at my local dealership. At of curiosity, I spent a fair amount of time last night looking at the Bronco options. The sheer number of models and options for this thing are over the top. Configuring one is no easy task and they get expensive (over $50k is what I'd deem expensive) quick. Having my 18' Sahara JL (with upgraded Rubi tires, steel bumper, etc) as a reference - pricing those things into a Bronco easily put me over that mark. I think I ended up at $55k for a well equipped 4-door Badlands with Sasquatch.

I'll probably let my $100 sit at Ford for a while longer. Absent any of these on the road or reviewed vs the deep history and track record of our Wranglers makes it a risky bet.

Also, not playing favorites, but the Bronco forum seems to lack the community, moderation and general good will I've experienced here.
When they initially announced that sharp 7 speed manual, I was interested. When I saw pictures of it, I was ready to buy one. When they came out and said that the 7 speed, with a creeper gear that is purposes for off road would not be available with the 2.7 OR the Sasquatch package, I tapped out.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I ran across a Bronco in Tonto Verde State park on a back trail. It was Yellow and it appeared he didn't have the front doors on. This is only my opinion "I dont like the looks of them" and I got a pretty good look. I would seriously consider a Subaru outback (Ha) before the Bronco, at least for a year or two... Sorry

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I don't care for their styling either. It looked good back in the early 70's and I get the 'nostalgic' cues but damn... Jeep keeps streamlining and it looks better than ever while Ford resurrects a rolling brick design from the 70s.

It's still WAY to early to tell imo and I'd never buy a $50k (or more!) sight unseen. There hasn't even been a valid test of the vehicle yet. If it's as awesome as Ford is trying to make everyone believe, and real world testing backs up their claims, maybe I could get past the blocky design.

Will it look like this??

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 1613748945774

Or this?? big difference and who knows now.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 1613748917303

Sponsored

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I don't care for their styling either. It looked good back in the early 70's and I get the 'nostalgic' cues but damn... Jeep keeps streamlining and it looks better than ever while Ford resurrects a rolling brick design from the 70s.

It's still WAY to early to tell imo and I'd never buy a $50k (or more!) sight unseen. There hasn't even been a valid test of the vehicle yet. If it's as awesome as Ford is trying to make everyone believe, and real world testing backs up their claims, maybe I could get past the blocky design.

Will it look like this??

Or this?? big difference and who knows now.
Here's the render of my online build of the Badlands Bronco. All valid points. Year 1 vehicle, no actual hands-on. I'll likely wait and put my energy into a Mopar lift and 35s. I had one of the original Hummer H3s. It was fun being one of the first on the road with it. It turned out to be a lemon and I literally got all of my money back after 7 trips to GM, most by tow truck since the vehicle would die. Good times.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 10.17.00 PM

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Here's the render of my online build of the Badlands Bronco. All valid points. Year 1 vehicle, no actual hands-on. I'll likely wait and put my energy into a Mopar lift and 35s. I had one of the original Hummer H3s. It was fun being one of the first on the road with it. It turned out to be a lemon and I literally got all of my money back after 7 trips to GM, most by tow truck since the vehicle would die. Good times.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 10.17.00 PM
I’m a jeep man for as long as I can remember but I must say that Bronco looks really good. No more boxy than the jeep. I do agree with most what you pointed out. A solid one piece top on that Bronco would also be nice especially structurally but like you said wait for test and at least a year of off roading by the boys.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase

I dropped down $100 and have since pulled back picked up Wrangler number 8 a 2021 Willys and converting to a retro Islander. I do still visit the site, but holy cow are they ever going to start building it?????? All you ever see is demo rigs parked in hotel lots beside "planted" Jeeps or pics of the damn thing.. Ford is a joke and has really FK'd that launch up huge.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase

Looks like something from the Cars movies.....I like healthy sized tires but that looks stupid and cartoonish.