Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That pop out rear glass and tailgate are pretty slick. Though if you're having to pop out the rear glass...you're probably also taking damage to the top that means you'll never put it back in without a trip to the body shop.
Pretty cool.

Q. Can you explain the difference between modular and non-modular hardtops.
A
. The non-modular top is a four piece top with removable top panels. The modular top is a six piece top with removable top panels as well as removable rear windows.

now, i assume with either the whole top can be removed...kinda confused there.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, pretty cool. They are saying a lot of them will be at launch, but we'll see ho
now, i assume either the whole top can be removed...kinda confused there.
Yea, with the modular you can still remove the whole roof, just more individual pieces, making it lighter (hopefully).

JayKrup

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
With all the excitement around the BRONCO when and what could we see JEEP do to steal some momentum back in the Immediate future? Besides the V8 "Concept"

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
With all the excitement around the BRONCO when and what could we see JEEP do to steal some momentum back in the Immediate future? Besides the V8 "Concept"
Well, they did show off the Hemi powered Rubicon on the Bronco's debut date. So there's that.

But why? They can't build enough Wranglers right now. My local dealership has zero to sell. People buy them right off the truck.

I don't remember Michael Jordan doing much talking when he was in his heyday. Sometimes silence is confidence. The best don't really have to remind anyone.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Pretty cool they are going all-in with accessories. Let's see what's actually available within 12 months of launch though. Hopefully they don't pull a Mopar.

1597340106728.png
This is the type of stuff from Ford that's exciting. Jeep long ago should've had a special edition like this and others. Instead fluff appearance packages like the Recon, Oscar Mike and Willys show how content Jeeps got. It's wise of Ford to target and understand that a great deal of their/Jeeps customer base are outdoors type like fishermen, hunters, campers, etc.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the type of stuff from Ford that's exciting. Jeep long ago should've had a special edition like this and others. Instead fluff appearance packages like the Recon, Oscar Mike and Willys show how content Jeeps got. It's wise of Ford to target and understand that a great deal of their/Jeeps customer base are outdoors type like fishermen, hunters, campers, etc.
I don’t believe that’s a First (special) edition. Looks like an outerbanks with accessories fitted.

Last edited:

UrbanCowboyAZ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLURD, ‘02 TJ
Occupation
Real Estate
Mid cycle refresh? Maybe 2023 MY. Unless they come out with the Hemi sooner.

Sponsored

Forestdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6 Speed
More power, better steering feel. The JL is already a great platform.

Last edited:

thholr

First Name
Thorsten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2021 Sahara high altitude has 20’s. So they need something else. I am hoping with a refresh in 2022 they will add some goodies

deserteagle56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Start offering a real engine. I'm in a TJ currently and was seriously considering the JL until I heard that the only way I could get the 3.5 V6 was as a "hybrid". Not something I would ever consider.

So I hope that the Hemi does make it to production - or better still, the straight-6 turbo I keep hearing rumors about. If not I'll be looking at the Bronco.

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
But why? They can't build enough Wranglers right now. My local dealership has zero to sell. People buy them right off the truck.

I don't remember Michael Jordan doing much talking when he was in his heyday. Sometimes silence is confidence. The best don't really have to remind anyone.
I agree. There is a difference between sleeping at the wheel and going on confidently with your thing. They look the same from outside, but they are not. For now, Jeep has any reason to just go on doing what they do best. Having said that, they'll have to be quick to react in case the market outlook changes.
Sponsored