Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 743 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
From the little I’ve seen, I don’t like the interior much either: looks too blocky. JL’s interior looks more attractively designed and, if other vehicles are any indication, the Jeep will probably have better materials than the Ford, too.

I also don’t like Bronco’s fender flares. They look like an afterthought.

Other than that, I think it’s clear Ford put a great deal of effort into it.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
An inexpensive, small, low tech, bare bones but capable wheeling rig with fairly reliable drivetrain components? Nah...that would never sell in the US where the vast majority claim they "need" all the latest tech available.
It could easily be "class leading" just by shaving its bumpers, filling the wheel wells with rubber, and don't forget the 14" infotainment.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Did any of you catch the "Sasquatch" package? :CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:

Looks like its the top-end build, comes with 35" tires on 8.5" wide rims, 4.7 ratio. But still, Sasquatch? Could they have named it anything else?
I heard they were originally going to debut it on OJ's bday and call the m/t tire package "the fresh squeeze", but his people complained to their people and....

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
And Ford customers already have experience with stalled engines and towing companies to red light it.
Yeah...comical. I guess if it happened once, it qualifies as "sometimes"....so technically he's correct....though kind of a retarded blanket statement.
“sometimes always never” :CWL:

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
From the little I’ve seen, I don’t like the interior much either: looks too blocky. JL’s interior looks more attractively designed and, if other vehicles are any indication, the Jeep will probably have better materials than the Ford, too.

I also don’t like Bronco’s fender flares. They look like an afterthought.

Other than that, I think it’s clear Ford put a great deal of effort into it.
Agree on the interior. A lot of ford truck parts bin there. But will probably have more diverse packages than just “black seats/tan seats” so there may be themes that look great.

the fenders don’t look great but they are more functional i think. Having busted some JL fenders and seen some ripped off i think the simpler the better on fenders. Embedding lights and having a more prominent profile like the JL is actually a hindrance.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
:CWL: OMG...hilarious. But honestly, around here....I see probably 4:1 girls to guys driving Jeep Wranglers...It's a chick car now, lol.
I don't see a problem with that. Besides even if you were trying to be all TOUGH GUY GATE KEEPING WRANGLERS FOR TRUE OFF ROADSMAN ONLY!! I get the impression a lot of women hit the trails too. :P

One thing I can't shake is I think the Bronco is fugly. It looks just like the old one from the 60s or whatever.. which was also fugly. Maybe it'll look better in person.

I know Chrysler sucks at quality but I feel like they have some of the best designers in the industry. Every single vehicle they make seems to be the best/coolest looking in its class. But I have really weird taste lol.

Sponsored

Lee Woiteshek

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
My biggest gripe I think, is the steering. It's obvious that its a thing. FCA knows it, journalists know it, and Jeep keeps saying its a feature not a bug.

I think the JL has a lot going for it. I was never interested in Jeep until the release of the JL. I read somewhere that Ford got in touch with a bunch of jeep owners and listened to their gripes. And supposedly fixed what could be improved upon. I would expect with the IFS and EPAS steering that the Bronco won't have a dead spot or you won't have to fight it at highway speeds with 35's. Realistically the Bronco will spend 90% of its time on hard surface roads as will most Jeeps.

I'll be surprised if you can do the Rubicon or Moab in a stock Bronco. In that enviroment the Jeep will always be the King.

Lee Woiteshek

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
My biggest gripe I think, is the steering. It's obvious that its a thing. FCA knows it, journalists know it, and Jeep keeps saying its a feature not a bug.

I think the JL has a lot going for it. I was never interested in Jeep until the release of the JL. I read somewhere that Ford got in touch with a bunch of jeep owners and listened to their gripes. And supposedly fixed what could be improved upon. I would expect with the IFS and EPAS steering that the Bronco won't have a dead spot or you won't have to fight it at highway speeds with 35's. Realistically the Bronco will spend 90% of its time on hard surface roads as will most Jeeps.

I'll be surprised if you can do the Rubicon or Moab in a stock Bronco. In that enviroment the Jeep will always be the King.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Name another convertible SUV being sold in the United States today. Does that vehicle have side curtain airbags? Did it roll over on an arbitrary crash test?

I'll save you the research. There is no other convertible SUV sold in America today. And the Bronco hasn't been tested yet, so everything is speculation when comparing them.
Sponsored