Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 743 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Love all the banter back and forth about Wrangler vs. Bronco. Competition is always good thing for the consumer. Interesting you haven't heard much about Toyota and their 10 year old platform. I think they may be more vulnerable than Jeep and Ford, but Toyota has always been behind the times with their tech.

I'm new to the forum, been looking at Rubis for about 2 months (thanks COVID for a very messed up supply chain), this made me hit the pause button. I love the Jeep, but I just want to see what's going to shake out. Im in no rush.
While I enjoy my new Recon, I think your approach is spot-on. If nothing else Jeep will likely come up with some value packaging options that might be very appealing and end up saving you $$. Competition is a good thing. When I saw Jeep was charging extra for nearly all colors including non metallics in 2021, it became obvious that they are losing touch with pricing reality. I hope the Bronco is really good....wake up FCA!
Sponsored

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
After looking at the Bronco, Ranger, and F-150 I have come to the conclusion that Ford is in the Wheel/Tire package business and the vehicles are just accessories.
that business model works well for printer manufacturers. Wonder if Ford does cyan and magenta rims...

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
All you guys bad mouthing FCA about this a that. Have you actually taken the time to look at Fords record? It isnt all that good. Anyone here had their 6.0 diesel when they first came out? Other examples as well.

With any new vehicle from ANY company a new owner can get jammed into nothing but problems. My bronco was a POS, but my f150 that I still have is a keeper. I LOVE that thing.
My 7.3's do just fine and my old bronco was a blast.... you can't compare yesteryear to technologies of today. Have always been a Blue Oval guy and an ole CJ guy while I do miss the old v8s they put in them should Jeep do it again I would stay with Jeep, even though it's a Mopar. Grrrr

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It’s all part of the hype to keep people’s attention engaged while Ford takes several more months to bring Bronco to market.

Ruri

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD, Gen 2 Raptor, 997.1 Turbo, F90 Competition
Occupation
Not FDIC
Ford is just copying Tesla with their truck and $100 refundable reservation.

JLBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory order JL once I finalize the configuration..
Okay I am gonna make this short and sweet.
Great, go on...

However, while Ford used the word “reservation”, it is NOT really a reservation after all due to the clause of the reservation. Let’s look at the terms of reservation (from Pearson Ford site)
It is a reservation. By every sense of the word.

Can I cancel my reservation?
Yes. You can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a full refund.* ….
You think this is somehow a bad thing?

*By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle.
When you make a “reservation” at a restaurant, are you actually ordering or purchasing a meal? No, you are making a reservation to have the limited “opportunity” that others without a reservation do not have to look at the entire menu, figure out what you want off that menu and “order” the meal so you can ultimately “purchase” the meal. Clearly you have no idea what a reservation is.

Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery.[/COLOR][/B][/I]
Nope. It’s apparent now that some might not understand this and Ford had to put it in writing. Let me lay it out so you understand.. Puting $100 bucks down for a reservation reserves a spot in line to be “able” to “order” a Bronco at the end of this year when order banks open..
It does NOT guarantee that regardless if you follow through with the order process and/or even have the available cash or credit needed to complete the transaction process that you will still be guaranteed a Bronco shows up for you.. Sorry, $100 dollar Broncos won’t be delivered to everybody who paid for a reservation unfortunately. Damn you Ford!!

Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle.
So without even knowing what model, color, specs, options you want today. Ford should provide you with a set MSRP on your vehicle you intend to order at the end of this year? Let me refer you to the “you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a full refund” clause if you find out you don’t like the prices on the menu when Ford releases the build your Bronco web site.

You call this reservation?? I will give my opinion in detail on one of the posting below.
Clearly yes! It is “only” a “reservation” and nothing else!

Last edited:

Aage

First Name
Aki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020, 2.2L diesel
Had 3 Bronco´s in the old days and used them doing hang gliding and some trip to the highland. Had them on 33inch tires. All of them where 3 door. If I remember correctly it was 1974 , 1976 models. Nothing but trouble. Bad stearing, Gutless 302 engine, weak axles and rusted like hell and used a LOT of fuel. It does not bring any good memories for me :). Will stick to the Rubicon for now.

Sponsored

JLBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory order JL once I finalize the configuration..
Meh, the whole reason I have stuck with the Wrangler is its tried and true platform. Bronco has been out of commission for 25 years now, Ford is just trying to raise the name from the dead just like they tried with Thunderbird (insert 'puke' sound here...).

Bronco's IFS is going to be its Achilles heel. There has and always will be an inherent durability issue with any IFS system, especially when going off road.

So yeah, reservation......

C6BEB680-C688-4AD9-9BC3-6679252E3C6C.jpeg

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
sure the reservation deal is 100% for stock holders and the markets...watch Ford at some point will say we have received over XXXX number of "pre-orders".

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Great, go on...

It is a reservation. By every sense of the word.

You think this is somehow a bad thing?

When you make a “reservation” at a restaurant, are you actually ordering or purchasing a meal? No, you are making a reservation to have the limited “opportunity” that others without a reservation do not have to look at the entire menu, figure out what you want off that menu and “order” the meal so you can ultimately “purchase” the meal. Clearly you have no idea what a reservation is.

Nope. It’s apparent now that some might not understand this and Ford had to put it in writing. Let me lay it out so you understand.. Puting $100 bucks down for a reservation reserves a spot in line to be “able” to “order” a Bronco at the end of this year when order banks open..
It does NOT guarantee that regardless if you follow through with the order process and/or even have the available cash or credit needed to complete the transaction process that you will still be guaranteed a Bronco shows up for you.. Sorry, $100 dollar Broncos won’t be delivered to everybody who paid for a reservation unfortunately. Damn you Ford!!

So without even knowing what model, color, specs, options you want today. Ford should provide you with a set MSRP on your vehicle you intend to order at the end of this year? Let me refer you to the “you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a full refund” clause if you find out you don’t like the prices on the menu when Ford releases the build your Bronco web site.

Clearly yes! It is “only” a “reservation” and nothing else!
100% agree

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
Same thing Jeep did with the Gladiators with pre reservation. I got a reservation..(although I didn't have to pay anything)

And yea I was contacted and got a real reserativation number I could order on the phone and a dealer of my choosing did the deal.

I was going to reserve a Limited number Bronco..but all sold out at 3500 units.

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
sure the reservation deal is 100% for stock holders and the markets...watch Ford at some point will say we have received over XXXX number of "pre-orders".
For sure this. And also because if you make something seem difficult or exclusive to obtain, it artificially makes people want it more! Sales tactic!
Sponsored