Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
I’m still waiting for GM to get their balls back and build a badass 69-75ish Blazer. One can only dream.
Haha, GM, right. Forgot about them.

Seriously though, my dad's wages from GM put food on the table when I was growing up, and I drive GM trucks.

Shortly after the Bronco hype dies down, I suspect we will see the new Hummer electric pickup, but that's not competition for Wrangler or Bronco.
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
The Bronco isn't anything remotely like a Jeep other than body on frame and a solid rear axle. It's a mini-raptor.. same suspension but mid-travel in a short wheelbase, jeep like vehicle.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
The Bronco isn't anything remotely like a Jeep other than body on frame and a solid rear axle. It's a mini-raptor.. same suspension but mid-travel.
Did you mean to reply to my post?

The First Edition reservations are gone. They ran out. It’s limited to 3500 and I hadn’t heard of this until I went to the Ford page the day after the debut.

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
I imagine 35s will be available on Rubicons from the factory soon, that will give jeep back some of the "best in segment" stats

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
One of the things that pushed me to a Jeep was the extreme aftermarket support there is for virtually every system on the vehicle AND it is one of the last "true" 4x4 vehicles that is not a truck. Time will tell how well Ford does, but if there is not enough aftermarket support for it, it will likely flounder once the initial honeymoon period is over.

The best part is that competition will push FCA to do a few things it may not have done or even considered without said competition. I would be thrilled with a factory twin turbo Pentastar provided they redesign the cooling system to make it less likely to have an issue off-road.

Plant me firmly on the Jeep team.

Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
After watching several YouTube videos and reviews, as well as going to Ford's website, I feel like Ford listens to Jeep customers/owners better than Jeep does. Lots of great things on the new Bronco that we've all been complaining about for a long time. I'm sure I'll buy one in a couple years, but I'm not a team guy.

PS- There's no way I order a 2021 Jeep without driving the Bronco first. Too much going for the Bronco
Ford definitely paid attention. I give them kudos they did their homework and did not rush some half baked product to market. But they clearly had the benefit of being later to market. In the end competition is good and Jeep will be forced to make changes. Jeep also has the ability now based on what they know and pivot to doing things Ford cannot.

People claiming some massive victory for Ford need to wait and see. They are saying Spring 2021 availability but all it takes are some supply issues or quality control issues and you are looking at Summer or even Fall 2021. Long time for Jeep to pivot.

I think once people start adding all these options on their Bronco are going to see sticker shock especially paying full MSRP or higher. People here complain about Jeep pricing all the time, but the Bronco will not be cheap and I don't know about you guys but I paid 13% under MSRP on my 19 Wrangler.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Interesting that the fenders can also easily be removed in a couple minutes.
I've almost removed my fenders a few times a lot quicker than that.

But not on purpose.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think once people start adding all these options on their Bronco are going to see sticker shock especially paying full MSRP or higher. People here complain about Jeep pricing all the time, but the Bronco will not be cheap and I don't know about you guys but I paid 13% under MSRP on my 19 Wrangler.
The Bronco will not be cheaper, but there are places where it will have more value. It depends on what you are looking for. For example, If you order a low trim with Sasquatch, then it might be cheaper than a Rubicon.

Edit: I think if I price out a base rubicon at 7% below invoice it will be less than say a Big Bend + Sasquatch at full MSRP.

The Rubicon 2-door (including destination) is $35,647.83
The Big Bend is $34,880 base without the Sasquatch.

So until they start discounting Broncos the Wrangler will probably be a better value.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Alh84

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep jl
I would rather stay independent. To me, you are on a team if you (1) own any stocks in F or FCAU; or (2) have relatives or yourself work for Ford or FCA.

If none of that applies to you, why the fuck you be blindly loyal to a fucking Italian car company with a American shell and have QA/QC worse than an Amazon Chinese seller, or a company that is almost keep alive by government loans and police contracts.

This is the problem right now, everyone has to be on a team, Team Orange or Team Creepy?
No but people can have a preference and the bronco is like a girl u take home late night from the bar and when u wake up ur like what the hell was I thinking better to have gotten to know her first then I would have known that she painted her face on pushed up her breasts and threw a pair of spanks on. Let the bronco at least come out first then let’s see how it holds up then have a conversation, But for now I’m sticking w what I know and it ain’t some bronco whore I jus met!

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
It's going to be the same for the Bronco. Because IFS moves on an arc that changes the camber of the wheel lifting it can cause more problems than lifting a solid axle vehicle. In order to maintain the factory alignment specification you need to have all of the mounting points for the control arms lower on the frame in the same approximate location as the factory setup. This usually also requires that the differential is also lowered in order to keep the CV shaft angles working well and not binding. And all of that will only lift it. That still doesn't add any capability. In order to get more travel more components like the A arms themselves have to be replaced adding much more cost. This is also typically work that the average owner won't be able to perform themselves.

Compare this to something like a budget lift for the JL. Daystar makes a spacer lift that includes lower control arms, longer sway bar links, shock extensions and the coil spacers, all for less than 300 dollars. I was able to install it myself without a lift or any special tools in less than 3 hours.

That is something that won't be possible with the Bronco.
All very true, but the guys drooling on the bronco will likely be satisfied with 35s, and for the 2 door it's likely all it needs .....until it needs articulation. ;)

JeePM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I was going to order the 2021 Wrangler, but I decided to hold off. No rush to get a new vehicle. I will wait to test drive the Bronco and go from there.
See, the Bronco is already taking sales away, LOL. Even if it's for a little while.
I'm in the same boat as Kizzo. I'm having a hard time writting the check (even though I do really like Jeeps), due to some of the common known issues that just dont seem to be getting addressed.

My last two company trucks have been F150's and my wifes daily driver is a grand cherokee, so I have experience with both brands and so far Ford is winning.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. In fact, there has never really been another side to the fence for Wrangler owners, which would explain the initial fascination with the Bronco.

As for the 2 door, I think it's gorgeous. If it performs as well as it looks, I could definitely see myself as a future Bronco owner. End of the day a new girl in a hot dress has shown up to the ball, but the gal I'm currently with is pretty awesome too...
Sponsored