Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Another big unknown regarding the Bronco. We know the JL has quality issues...the Bronco might be better....or worse if it rolls out like the new Explorer. I wouldn’t bet on
It's built along side the Austrailian designed Ranger, which is a cracking good truck. Very reliable. Not "for a Ford" either. It's just a good platform all around, period.
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I want to see those IFS half shafts hold up on the rocks... then I'll make my decision. I'm seriously impressed though..

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep almost has to do this because there are a lot of jeepers who will not buy anything with “Electronics”. If they get rid of the sport there will be an uproar, but they honestly can’t drop the price much i’d imagine.
I'm guessing that particular squeaky wheel makes up about 05% of wrangler sales. So... who cares what they want? Up specced trucks is what brings you into the black.
At the price they are selling that Bronco at with the standard options....they will fly off the shelves.

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
somebody had mentioned the proportions appearing off, too much body, and I never saw it till this picture.

can this guy even see over the dash?
yeah, but that dude is clearly like 4ft 8. I'm guessing he would look even smaller in a Miata.

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
Going to wait until Wranglers mid-cycle refresh time do anything but if there aren’t some major innovations added, a visit to the Ford dealer will be in order.
When do u think the mid cycle refresh will happen?

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
IDK, but I think when my JLU lease is up, this is going to give me a HUGE advantage if I decide to haggle for my 2dr willy.
I don't play for any team.
I like both the JL and the new 2dr Bronco

Competitive options are good for us, maybe dealers will be more willing to go 8% under invoice if there is a good competitor
IFS doesn't bother me at all, unless you need flex for rock crawling, which most people don't.

It comes down to this
If you want a Rock crawler with massive flex your going to go with a jeep.
If your a DD, trail rider, IFS is actually better.

Both to me look awesome, both can go topless/doorless, and both can do the off roading I like to do.

Finally something that doesn't piss me off in 2020
LIKE TIMES 1000....For the last line of your comment!!!

Sponsored

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I've been a Jeep guy for 30 years, but I'm definitely going to have a look at this new Bronco when the time comes for a new 4x4. I love the styling of the 2-door Bronco. I could definitely picture myself in that!
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 2021-Ford-Bronco-2-Door-exterior-11

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
We have to see pricing and durability. If they break half shafts in rocks then it's just another smaller, cooler (dare I say) Ford Raptor. I want one, not going to lie, but we have 2 years before we see what they really are.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
People need to understand timing. Assuming no other delays due to Covid, union strikes, parts shortages, etc you won't get one of these for a long time as it is. Let's say about a year. Then you have to actually get your hands on one. There will likely be a supply and demand issue for at least a year and Ford dealers love to charge dealer markup on in demand vehicles.

And then you have an all new platform with tons of unknowns. What will break. How is the quality. Etc.

For me, I don't see even considering trading in my JL for one of these an option for at least 2 years.

I want to see how these things hold up on real trails and in the real world.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Anyone hoping to test drive one of these Bronco's anytime soon has a long wait unless they either have connections with Ford or have a friend who is getting one of the initial orders. I am guessing we are a good 18-24 months away from dealers having unsold stock that they can allow test drives on.
Sponsored