Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Actually it isn't, specs are out and it crushes what Jeep presently has.
In what way? It's a baja machine that will do light wheeling. Maybe a better motor, handle on the streets and forest roads better due to IFS. It's a posers dream boat! ;)

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
Initially, Ford kept saying there would be no 2 door Bronco, which is why I went ahead and bought the 2 door JL... As a Blue Oval guy, that looks pretty darn tempting!
2021-Ford-Bronco-Renderings-3-1.jpg

Looks allot like my old International Scout Pickup. I think mine was a 1966 model.

Sponsored

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
We've gone through this ad nauseum before. Bronco fan boys say that the IFS doesn't matter because very few Wrangler owners actually go off road. Jeep fan boys say that the solid axles are what makes the Wrangler so appealing. Time will tell. I tend to believe that the fellow Jeep fans are right because of the past failures of other vehicles that were supposed to be Wrangler competitors. FJ Cruiser, Hummer H3, Xterra, etc. Ford fan boys will counter this and say that none of those were convertible. Then I'll remind them of the Tracker, Sidekick, Murano, Vitara, Amigo.... But they will say that none of those count because they weren't trail capable. Then I point at the puny front suspension design of the new Bronco, and the cycle will repeat itself again.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
IMO the 2dr JL is about perfect, Nothing size-wise I would want changed except the puny 17 gallon gas tank :(
Are the tanks the same on 2 and 4-door? I have a 4, and I can never seem to fill beyond 16 gallons.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Ford fan boys will counter this and say that none of those were convertible. Then I'll remind them of the Tracker, Sidekick, Murano, Vitara, Amigo....
I don't think that list proves your point. ;) Anyway, it is all hearsay at this point. Only time will tell. I think, spec-for-spec, the Bronco is a lot closer to the Wrangler than any other competitor has been. Yeah, no solid axle but I am a firm believer that it won't matter. Again, just my opinion....and I am far from a Ford Fanboy. If f*cking FCA woulda just put a hemi in the damn thing I'd be content.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Are the tanks the same on 2 and 4-door? I have a 4, and I can never seem to fill beyond 16 gallons.
The 4dr has a 21 gallon tank, you probably aren't as empty as you thought

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I don't think that list proves your point. ;) Anyway, it is all hearsay at this point. Only time will tell. I think, spec-for-spec, the Bronco is a lot closer to the Wrangler than any other competitor has been. Yeah, no solid axle but I am a firm believer that it won't matter. Again, just my opinion....and I am far from a Ford Fanboy. If f*cking FCA woulda just put a hemi in the damn thing I'd be content.
Exactly why that next sentence was there that you edited out....

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Exactly why that next sentence was there that you edited out....
What this?

But they will say that none of those count because they weren't trail capable. Then I point at the puny front suspension design of the new Bronco, and the cycle will repeat itself again.
:LOL: I don't think that changes anything. My though was more, "that's what your gonna compare to the Bronco?". That's rich. I wasn't really speaking about trail capability more a combination of looks for some, sure trail capability for some of the others (a Murano...really?). Most aren't arguing the Wrangler is built for hard core rock crawling more than the Bronco appears to be. But the Bronco will certainly be more capable than the Murano (or any of them, really). As other have said I believe it is more of the image conjured by the vehicle. NONE of those vehicles you listed conjure a rugged image in my mind. But whatever, I know with the Wrangler fanboys it is SFA or nothing because climbing boulders is all anyone does with their Wranglers. And if they're not the rock crawling type, they must aspire to it and bought the Wrangler specifically for their SFA.
Sponsored

Reactions: Axe