Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

mintswitch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I've always wanted a Wrangler ever since I was a kid, and I finally got one a little over a year ago. I have been exceedingly happy since day 1, and have had so many fun adventures in just the 1st year. I've driven my Jeep through 8 different states doing road trips, camping, exploration, and yes, even some decent off roading. I just recently returned from a 3,000 mile road trip across 5 states and it was a absolute blast with the Jeep. The Wrangler often seems to get mentioned in conversation from strangers as well, which hasn't happened with past vehicles I've owned. The Wrangler is an Icon and always will be, forever.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread P7010278

My Wrangler is without a doubt my dream vehicle. It makes me happy every single time I drive it, and I love the way it looks and how it makes me feel. I just don't know what the Bronco could ever do to pull me away from my Wrangler. Really love my Wrangler.
Sponsored

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
That’s why I asked. I was not sure if you were say 6 and above...

That is not oem. That is modified/lifted suspension. 4 inch lift to fit 37’s?
DDA66AF4-A01F-4BD0-A90D-4EB0D0A0E1EC.jpeg

Look at the front wheel drop from jk...
Jeep reveal pics look a lot like Broncos. Flat land small rock and a creek. Damn I though the JL could do more. Roll Eyes
5E9D54BA-94ED-4723-9E53-B129291E0730.jpeg
09B5A04B-61D4-4996-8B47-CC85B4C9D4B9.jpeg
09B5A04B-61D4-4996-8B47-CC85B4C9D4B9.jpeg
EB04BBDA-E570-4AF4-BEC8-A7C15EF7B823.jpeg
57087730-0D64-4ED2-BD0B-104C1DC2CBB6.jpeg
A7EC6A07-4A34-4171-9C47-C3BAB602FCBF.jpeg
B5565519-0D54-4258-A38B-53B3635FF9A7.jpeg
A9015EE9-FF54-4A08-8C7C-E545A97AF286.jpeg
If you think a JL has articulation like the shitty pic you just post, then youve never taken one off road. Maybe youve never driven a Jeep off the pavement at all.

Also, the pic of the JK you posted is a jeep going quickly over that obstacle. it is physically impossible for the front driver tire in that pic to touch the ground. That pic does not show articulation at all.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
If you think a JL has articulation like the shitty pic you just post, then youve never taken one off road. Maybe youve never driven a Jeep off the pavement at all.

Also, the pic of the JK you posted is a jeep going quickly over that obstacle. it is physically impossible for the front driver tire in that pic to touch the ground. That pic does not show articulation at all.
Wow a multibillion dollar company post press release photos of their new JL in 2017 and you call it shitty? I am shocked at the reaction of the jeep community, I thought they would welcome another dedicated off road vehicle....maybe you are threatened by the Bronco.
As to the JK oem front suspension travel shown in the picture, I would have expected more. The sway bar is definitely still connected. Just don't post modified/lifted suspensions as the reason the JK/JL is better than the oem Bronco. We will know soon enough if the Sasquatch can keep up with he the Rubicon oem to oem.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I've always wanted a Wrangler ever since I was a kid, and I finally got one a little over a year ago. I have been exceedingly happy since day 1, and have had so many fun adventures in just the 1st year. I've driven my Jeep through 8 different states doing road trips, camping, exploration, and yes, even some decent off roading. I just recently returned from a 3,000 mile road trip across 5 states and it was a absolute blast with the Jeep. The Wrangler often seems to get mentioned in conversation from strangers as well, which hasn't happened with past vehicles I've owned. The Wrangler is an Icon and always will be, forever.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread P7010278

My Wrangler is without a doubt my dream vehicle. It makes me happy every single time I drive it, and I love the way it looks and how it makes me feel. I just don't know what the Bronco could ever do to pull me away from my Wrangler. Really love my Wrangler.
Great picture! I loved my JK Rubicon, especially with the doors and top off so much fun! Had it 3 years and 73k miles....

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I’m new to Jeep. I wanted to buy a vehicle that would let me and my wife get out and explore a little. I looked at a Jeep and a Toyota TRD. The reliability of Jeeps was off-putting to me. The interior of the Toyota (which looks like it needs to phone home to 1984) was even more off-putting. So, I purchased the Jeep. Solid axle vs IFS? For me: “who cares? I doubt it will ever matter for the forest roads I intend to drive......”. Forest roads? Why buy a Rubicon then? “Simple: I like the way it looks......looks tough even though I’ll drive it like it’s in panties....”

if Toyota actually built a pathfinder TRD with an interior that even looked like 2004, I may well have purchased it and passed on the Jeep. Now, with the Bronco in the mix, down the road when it’s time to replace the Jeep, I will again look at a Jeep and a Toyota and also a Bronco. Jeep will have a one in three chance of getting my business vs 1 in 2 now. Better for me and it will require Jeep to up their game to keep me and people like me.

Separately, I will make one prediction: Because of the Bronco, jeep will offer 35” tires on Rubicons as a factory option by the second half of 2021 or early 2022. Perhaps as a “suspension package” that includes the Mopar lift, factory installed? Competition is good.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
My Girlfriends uncle and her moms boyfriend just put in buy/build orders for the Bronco and me and my cousin have 18/19 Rubi's, can't wait to get these bronco's with us on the trails and off road parks!! We will post pics video's of these rides getting put to the test, no question, side by side with jeeps!! :like:
Plus, you and your cousin will get to test your winches and patience. Lol

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Maybe some photos of the Bronco in Moab on a 6+ rated trail or heck even coping Jeep with some photos from the Rubicon trail.
No, that's FACTORY suspension and 37" tires. No lift, no suspension mods....just a lot of cutting. I know b/c it's sitting in my garage and we bought it new.

Maybe don't be so quick to "roll eyes" when someone presents you with facts that contradict your misinformed opinion. Or, "Why not try being informed rather than simply opinionated". :idea:

Oh...and JFYI, you're the one who brought up 6+....not anyone else.
Fsttanks did.

Nice Currie sway bar on your 100% oem suspension.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Wow a multibillion dollar company post press release photos of their new JL in 2017 and you call it shitty? I am shocked at the reaction of the jeep community, I thought they would welcome another dedicated off road vehicle....maybe you are threatened by the Bronco.
As to the JK oem front suspension travel shown in the picture, I would have expected more. The sway bar is definitely still connected. Just don't post modified/lifted suspensions as the reason the JK/JL is better than the oem Bronco. We will know soon enough if the Sasquatch can keep up with he the Rubicon oem to oem.
The drivers tire cant go down in that case, if it does, passenger goes up. do you not understand that? The jeep is moving in that picture, not crawling. Theres no articulation.

Also I dont care about Bronco, I have a Jeep not a Bronco. And a JK and JL are not the same brother, the JL was vastly improved from the JK.

You are the one in a JL forum talking non-sense, all jelous cause you have a JK and not a JL. Go to the Bronco forums fanboy and sell your JK, that poor thing never touched dirt.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously? You actually believe that a sway bar that provides resistance versus the factory one that COMPLETELY UNLOCKS is helping the travel? You're a special kind of stupid.

What really sux is that when shown you're fucking wrong, you don't just own it and move on...instead you pick insignificant and unrelated nits and double down.

You're incredible...as in "not credible". :LOL:
This forum seems to be flooding with back peddlers lately. It's starting to tarnish what I've considered my daily therapy.

I'm willing to bet that the bronco forum isn't flooding with Jeep people in denial. Silver lining is that it reflects another example of what makes the Jeep community as great as it is.

Sponsored

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
All I know is that my Jeep takes me EVERYWHERE I want to go and it's allot of fun to drive. I suppose a well-equipped Bronco would too. I'm glad we have choices.....I've already made mine and this rig will last me a long time. I say buy the one that has the features and ability you want and can afford. .......and..... "buy the one that blows your hair back."

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Seriously? You actually believe that a sway bar that provides resistance versus the factory one that COMPLETELY UNLOCKS is helping the travel? You're a special kind of stupid.

What really sux is that when shown you're fucking wrong, you don't just own it and move on...instead you pick insignificant and unrelated nits and double down.

You're incredible...as in "not credible". :LOL:
As the resident Bronco fanboy as you all know... you are 100% correct. The JL’s flex stock is absolutely insane, as pictured by this 100% stock rubicon below that looks almost the exact same as your picture
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 88679CE1-491D-4B4B-B64C-D802A1658EDE

The Bronco vs Wrangler debate will hinge on how much of a difference it is (the Bronco RTI ramp scores are apparantly quite close to the rubicon; the rear axle lacking a sway bar likely contributed significantly to this) and how much people prefer flex over high speed comfort. Brad Lovell (has placed well at KOH multiple times) describes the Bronco as “being better than wrangler at literally everything above walking speed, and some things slower”.

Only time will tell if that’s a winning formula.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 88679CE1-491D-4B4B-B64C-D802A1658EDE

Same man!. Dream "car" (kitty died or wtver) forever, specially 2 door. Just look at your jeep on that picture. The 2 door wrangler in the wild just looks right. You know what I mean? the Bronco just doesn't look right to me.