Best source for DEF?

Capricorn

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys 3.0L, Grand Cherokee 3.6L, Compass
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Has anyone broken the code for the "use by" date for Blue Def.
Pretty easy and I only look at the first 5 numbers after the state code. First 2 number minus 1 = year manufactured. If it is 21 then 21 - 1 = 20, so 2020 is the year of the manufacture.
The next 3 digits needs to be subtracted by 365 to get the month and date of manufacture. If it is 165, then 365-165 = 200th day of the year. To get a rough idea I divide the result by 30 to get close to the month and day. So 200 would be somewhere around June/July.
Advertisement

SolarWizard

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y Performance / Diesel Gladiator soon
Occupation
energy management tech for homes and businesses
Pretty easy and I only look at the first 5 numbers after the state code. First 2 number minus 1 = year manufactured. If it is 21 then 21 - 1 = 20, so 2020 is the year of the manufacture.
The next 3 digits needs to be subtracted by 365 to get the month and date of manufacture. If it is 165, then 365-165 = 200th day of the year. To get a rough idea I divide the result by 30 to get close to the month and day. So 200 would be somewhere around June/July.
why the hell do they make that so confusing

Capricorn

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys 3.0L, Grand Cherokee 3.6L, Compass
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
why the hell do they make that so confusing
They are probably trying to get the max information using least amount of characters but beats me why they need to be so miserly about it. :)

Advertisement

Dwayne Lane's Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Advertisement