Sponsored

DEF Usage

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
For those who haven’t read the whole thread, the gauge is a joke. Hand fill the tank yourself until you hear the DEF coming up the filler neck and your range will be substantially closer to expected. You should also reduce (sometimes increase, but let’s be real, most of us have added weight with mods and love putting the skinny pedal on the floor) the expected range by the same percentage as your average hand-calculated mpg compared to the EPA average...burn more fuel, spray more cat piss at the exhaust.
Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
For those who haven’t read the whole thread, the gauge is a joke. Hand fill the tank yourself until you hear the DEF coming up the filler neck and your range will be substantially closer to expected. You should also reduce (sometimes increase, but let’s be real, most of us have added weight with mods and love putting the skinny pedal on the floor) the expected range by the same percentage as your average hand-calculated mpg compared to the EPA average...burn more fuel, spray more cat piss at the exhaust.
Finally......someone who understands DEF use!!!

Let me guess.....you also understand DPF regeneration.....:LOL:

gijohn56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
at delivery I had 3/4 tank... I ran 2500 miles when I got the first message. I was about to go on a trip wheeling where I was going to tow a 3500# trailer so I filled it. after 700miles of towing and wheeling it was empty again. so I filled it at roughly 3200miles. I got the message again at 8500miles.

My daily drive is about 75miles one way all highway with a increase in elevation of about 2k feet and back down the 75 miles going home.
Towing and 4wheeling really burns it fast!
Sponsored