backup camera suddenly stopped working

cjjeep

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
I had the intermittent backup camera problem. If I remember correctly there was a recall on it. At any rate the dealer's shop fixed it.
Sponsored

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
I had the intermittent backup camera problem. If I remember correctly there was a recall on it. At any rate the dealer's shop fixed it.
Did they charge you to fix it? I don't feel like this is something that should be charged to fix.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

Sponsored

Lucky #7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6-spd Manual
I had my 2021 JLUR for eight hours yesterday. The reverse camera went off. Thank goodness for this website. I was freaking out but then read I should wait until the morning. Woke up this morning everything worked perfectly. I will say I was pretty pissed off.

Patientlywaiting

First Name
Saint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Patriot
I had my 2021 JLUR for eight hours yesterday. The reverse camera went off. Thank goodness for this website. I was freaking out but then read I should wait until the morning. Woke up this morning everything worked perfectly. I will say I was pretty pissed off.
Lol. I’ve had my 21 since 8/25 and the camera just went out. I thought I would be the first one with this problem

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
270 miles on my 21 JLR. Just happened. I’ll give it some time to see if it corrects.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
This happened to me today on my 2019 for the first time. I did a full reboot with my Tazer and it fixed the problem.

Sponsored

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I connected my phone in developer mode in Android Auto, and after that my backup camera went from working 10% of the time to 80% of the time probably. Might be something to try and see if it helps.

cjjeep

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
My screen was going black when I put mine into reverse. Not always but ocasionally. They replaced it once. Still does it occasionally. The screen also goes black intermittently while driving forward. Two radios and one back up camera later, still having same problem. 2018 Sahara JL

step1107

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2 Door Sport
My screen was going black when I put mine into reverse. Not always but ocasionally. They replaced it once. Still does it occasionally. The screen also goes black intermittently while driving forward. Two radios and one back up camera later, still having same problem. 2018 Sahara JL
My new (to me) 2018 JL did that from the start. I took it into dealer and they did a software update. I wasn't opptomistic but it hasn't blacked out since over the last few weeks.

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My new (to me) 2018 JL did that from the start. I took it into dealer and they did a software update. I wasn't opptomistic but it hasn't blacked out since over the last few weeks.
I might have to try that. But supposedly it auto updates over the air already, so maybe that air update isn't working?