Sponsored

AUX Switches: Cable COLOR CODE Wiring Identification

Off-Road Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2dr ; 2019 Winnebago Navion
@Marlene

Yes, nice, for sure alot prettier then the pic I have been posting for months now.. 8-)

You do know that there are Aux wires under the hood too right?

View attachment 74697
Is there an easy-access ground location (-) near the passenger floorboard auxiliary (+) wires as well?
I’m Wiring a cb radio.
thanks
Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is there an easy-access ground location (-) near the passenger floorboard auxiliary (+) wires as well?
I’m Wiring a cb radio.
thanks
If you pull off the kick-panel, there are a couple studs you can ground to.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I’m Wiring a cb radio.
thanks
@Off-Road Toad
Yes, see pic... Circled in green. If any paint on bolt, clean paint off good! Connect to it with your ground wire that has a ring connector on the end. Do NOT just wrap the wire around the ground.
Jeep Wrangler JL AUX Switches: Cable COLOR CODE Wiring Identification footground

Off-Road Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome. Thanks guys !
Is there any trick to popping that panel off?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Very helpful. Also makes me glad I chose the factory auxiliary switch option !
@Off-Road Toad
For your CB are you going to use the direct to battery wire in the passenger foot well versus Aux 1,2,3,4 or switched wire there?

Suggest you use the direct to battery wire for CB. CB's like clean 12v.

Off-Road Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Off-Road Toad
For your CB are you going to use the direct to battery wire in the passenger foot well versus Aux 1,2,3,4 or switched wire there?

Suggest you use the direct to battery wire for CB. CB's like clean 12v.
Thanks. My plan is to use the orange and pink ‘ignition’ wire so I don’t accidentally drain the battery by leaving the CB on.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. My plan is to use the orange and pink ‘ignition’ wire so I don’t accidentally drain the battery by leaving the CB on.
I hear ya. You know you could also use Aux 1 , 2, 3, 4, and then go into Uconnect settings... your Aux switch setup there, and set that particular Aux up as switched.

Regardless, hopefully your CB is happy with whatever 12v you chose versus direct wire to battery.

Sponsored

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I used aux4 for my dash cam. In the garage I can just switch it off and when in the street I can easily set it to on so it records any movement or noise. The six switches are a great idea.

msdesignltd

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler Recon unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Great Thread, Preparing to install Hella's this weekend!

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
I hear ya. You know you could also use Aux 1 , 2, 3, 4, and then go into Uconnect settings... your Aux switch setup there, and set that particular Aux up as switched.

Regardless, hopefully your CB is happy with whatever 12v you chose versus direct wire to battery.
Thanks for the pics.
Hope you can help here.
When I open the hood, I only see 3 cables, and there is only one in the vehicle at the passenger side.
did I miss anything?
Jeep Wrangler JL AUX Switches: Cable COLOR CODE Wiring Identification 460714FF-4176-469B-9C04-1058A04B4072
Jeep Wrangler JL AUX Switches: Cable COLOR CODE Wiring Identification 871DE855-8380-4955-AC60-3C9EF856D340
I’m about to try to install arb air compressor under the hood.
Thanks a lot

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@COKENOGOOD

Hugh, That single wire you found and pictured in your forum post, is not the wrapped Aux bundle you are looking for in the passenger foot well..

What you found, I believe, is the Brake Signal wire for the Trailer Brake Controller, should the JL owner, want to install a Trailer Brake Controller.

Go back and look very carefully for the bundle that is wrapped in black material, tucked up above, way high in the passenger foot well. It may be tucked in a bit behind others, etc..

Do know that.....

There are 6 in the passenger foot well. There are 4 in the engine compartment, near the battery.

So, In the passenger foot well, your have Aux 1, 2, 3, 4 and an ignition switched and a direct to battery wires.

Engine compartment does not have ignition switched or direct to battery wires, so you will find only 4 wires in that Aux bundle.

For anyone interested, the direct to battery and ignition switched wires, are rated at 10 amp, not 15 amp or 40 amp like Aux 1, 2, 3, 4.

Jeep Wrangler JL AUX Switches: Cable COLOR CODE Wiring Identification 12v source wires

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
@COKENOGOOD

Hugh, That single wire you found and pictured in your forum post, is not the wrapped Aux bundle you are looking for in the passenger foot well..

What you found , I believe, is the Brake Signal wire for the Trailer Brake Controller, should the JL owner, want to install a Trailer Brake Controller.

Go back and look very carefully for the bundle that is wrapped in black material, tucked up above, way high in the passenger foot well. It may be tucked in a bit behind others, etc..

Do know that.....

There are 6 in the passenger foot well. There are 4 in the engine compartment, near the battery.

So, In the passenger foot well, your have Aux 1, 2, 3, 4 and an ignition switched and a direct to battery wires.

Engine compartment does not have ignition switched or direct to battery wires, so you will find only 4 wires in that Aux bundle.

For anyone interested, the direct to battery and ignition switched wires, are rated at 10 amp, not 15 amp or 40 amp like Aux 1, 2, 3, 4.

Jeep Wrangler JL AUX Switches: Cable COLOR CODE Wiring Identification 12v source wires
Thanks for replying.
I’ll be continuing looking for 6 wires in passenger’s footwell.
For the engine bay, I’m pretty sure that’s the only one I can find around the battery. However it only has 3 wires. The switch is from the factory. Is it possible they lost one during assembling in factory?
Sponsored