21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro

CrimsonGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Occupation
Systems Engineer
All I see is how great Yellow is for finding your vehicle in a crowed lot. :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Are ordered Jeeps sitting outside? BRONCO
Part of me wishes I had ordered Hella Yella, Nacho, or Gecko Green. I was at a County Fair on Saturday and looking off in the distance at the field full of parked cars was a bright orange Wrangler. My kids picked it out in 5 seconds while we were in line. My white WK2 was probably a needle in a haystack.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
As long as they are on Asphalt or concrete they will be fine. If they are parked in grass, dirt or gravel for extended period of time, that's when things on the chassis and suspension start to surface rust, as the ground holds moisture.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I don't listen to dealers much since they are privately owned and don't really know what's going on behind the curtain. That's the unfortunate reality. Dealerships are car salesman they tell you what you want to hear.
That's actually very incorrect. We don't tell you what we you want to hear. We give you the information that is given to us buy are area reps that are in contact with the factories, transportations companies, and so on. Yes, some manufacturers build vehicles without parts and then add them when they get them. GMC has several trucks built that aren't complete waiting for the parts that have the chips in them. It's manly for the safety packages. As of now you can't order a Jeep with LED because of the chips. Also, I think leaving them outside is bad. Between acid rain in some areas, and bird droppings. Vehicles are going to come in with paint damage. Those pictures of the Fords sitting is because they are having hard top problems, and they are waiting replacements.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Between acid rain in some areas, and bird droppings. Vehicles are going to come in with paint damage.
Every vehicle sitting in a lot somewhere waiting to be completed will undergo a quality check before being loaded for transport. Paint issues, etc. will be addressed. How well, that is the key question.

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Every one of those Ford trucks had window stickers. They are
Especially a Jeep Wrangler, of all things. I could see someone buying a Ferrari or some other high-end garage queen sportscar being upset about the vehicle sitting out, but a Wrangler? It's not like they're sitting out there topless with the insides exposed to the elements.

Here's a quick look at the Fords sitting at the Kentucky Speedway from the viral video back in May.

Every one of those Ford trucks had window stickers attached. They are being lined up for transport next. They are not going back into the factory for assembly.

MudHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon (Bright White)
Every one of those Ford trucks had window stickers. They are

Every one of those Ford trucks had window stickers attached. They are being lined up for transport next. They are not going back into the factory for assembly.

Tell that to the multiple news agencies that reported on it back in May. Those were waiting for chips to finish the build, according to the numerous sources for the reporting.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Tell that to the multiple news agencies that reported on it back in May. Those were waiting for chips to finish the build, according to the numerous sources for the reporting.
I think whether or not the vehicle goes back into the line depends on what needs to be completed on it. I can't see a manufacturer sending people out to the lots to complete assembly.

Sponsored

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
See this makes no sense and I'm having a hard time believing those sources. Most chips are soldered onto a board or at the very least part of another part. I don't think they install chips as a stand alone part. Not to mention vehicles arent ok'd for production until all parts are accounted for beforehand. Would love to know the sources' sources lol.

MudHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon (Bright White)
See this makes no sense and I'm having a hard time believing those sources. Most chips are soldered onto a board or at the very least part of another part. I don't think they install chips as a stand alone part. Not to mention vehicles arent ok'd for production until all parts are accounted for beforehand. Would love to know the sources' sources lol.

It's a fairly heavily reported story. I already posted one of the original stories back in May. Here are 2 updates from July and August, both with people from Ford as sources. They are waiting for chips to complete some of the modules.

https://www.carsdirect.com/automoti...-thousands-of-f-150s-delayed-by-chip-shortage

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/a-sea-of-incomplete-ford-f-150-pickups-over-60000-and-counting/

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
My dealer just confirmed that my jeep has been built and is waiting to be loaded onto a train.

Probably sitting outside.