Sponsored

Are ordered Jeeps sitting outside?

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
It's a fairly heavily reported story. I already posted one of the original stories back in May. Here are 2 updates from July and August, both with people from Ford as sources. They are waiting for chips to complete some of the modules.

https://www.carsdirect.com/automoti...-thousands-of-f-150s-delayed-by-chip-shortage

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/a-sea-of-incomplete-ford-f-150-pickups-over-60000-and-counting/
So after reading the second link it seems like you mentioned that they were waiting on modules which obviously contain chips. Def not normal that they would go ahead with production w/o having all parts accounted for but this is a different situation for sure. I can only imagine that if they didnt do it that way they could never produce and catch up with orders at all and they would just lose all of those sales. Makes sense I guess if you do the math.
Thx for the links.
Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
See this makes no sense and I'm having a hard time believing those sources. Most chips are soldered onto a board or at the very least part of another part. I don't think they install chips as a stand alone part. Not to mention vehicles arent ok'd for production until all parts are accounted for beforehand. Would love to know the sources' sources lol.
Yeah but they got a factory they got to build something.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I bought my JL 3.5 years ago and it sits outside everyday.
For the benefit of full disclosure, I forgot that both the JT and JL received hail damage during a recent storm, so concern about outside storage is not totally unfounded.

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Those acres and acres of vehicles stored outside, exposed to the elements, and to legions of Rodents, attracted to the buffet of aromatic wiring, will need a special designation, "2021 and Counting "

dogbreath650

First Name
Bobo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubicon
If there are still 2021s awaiting chips after 2022 models are being released, it will be interesting to see how the pricing will be adjusted.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
no. They have a special air conditioned storage room for Jeep Wranglers and Grand Cherokees at the Ritz hotel right next to rolls royce.

of course they sit outside like every other car 😂

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
and . . . . they're coming from China. They just closed the 3rd largest port for Covid.

G.
Given the devastating economic impact of these closures, you don’t actually imagine the ports are closed due to an illness, do you? I mean regardless of how deadly you may or may not think the illness itself is. If there was open biological warfare going on (anthrax, Ebola) the military would be sent in with hazmat teams to keep ports open and the economy moving. Ports are absolutely essential, you don’t shut them down for anything. That is how wars are lost….

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
This is definitely the season you want your Jeep to be sitting outside in Toledo.

Mild weather. Not many storms. No snow yet. Shorter days, so less UV light.

Jeep Wrangler JL Are ordered Jeeps sitting outside? 1632582203060
Sponsored