Jeeps are Getting Expensive

UncleJimmy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR; 2016 Toyota Tundra
Something like the Wrangler is definitely not a vehicle "average" people should be buying, it's got 💩 mpg, and not practical for the average person, the Wrangler has always been a expensive vehicle that average people have always steered clear of.

i personally never recommend the Wrangler to anyone, I tell them go rent one and decide, they don't bother renting or buying.
It always dumbfounds me why I need to defend the Wrangler as a daily driver on a Jeep forum. I can understand if someone is driving a lifted, modified Jeep but why compare it to some other stock vehicle?

Compared to other vehicles in it's class, such as a 4runner/Tacoma, it can get better MPGs, better reliability if driven off road (IFS, more body damage, frame flex etc.), better seating driver position, can be less expensive depending on trim, can purchase an extended warranty cheaper than Toyota if you shop around, more fun to drive, convertible, more sporty feel, better transmission, better brakes, easier and often cheaper to lift and modify etc..
Sponsored