Sponsored

Dual top more expensive than buying each separately?

seals02

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Did you happen to have an empty box? In the photo above, its the larger box in the middle that was empty for me. Wondering what was supposed to be in it...

I ordered and just received my JL with the dual top. It comes in a coffin sized box that takes up the entire back area of the jeep; It is a BIG F$%&ing box!!!

I do not think the hardtop will go over the soft top even when folded back. The tolerances of the hardtop to the cage is pretty slim. I was also told by the dealer it is a no go. I only trust them about 25% but i do not see it being and option.

Also, there are a TON of parts that come with the soft top. The install of it looks to be a few good hours worth of work IMHO. I am pretty mechanically inclined and i have built many a race car and i just shook my head when i opened the soft top coffin. I REALLY hope I can leave most of what needs to be bolted to the cage in place when I go to put the hardtop back on after summer is over.

Here is a pic of the box...

20180209_105735.jpg

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Did you happen to have an empty box? In the photo above, its the larger box in the middle that was empty for me. Wondering what was supposed to be in it...

Thanks for the help!
Yep it's empty!

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Iā€™ve looked through multiple threads on this subject and still canā€™t find a concrete answer.

The order guide clearly states $595 for ā€˜premium black sunrider soft topā€™ and the black hardtop is $1200. So what exactly is the $500 difference for with the dual top option?

ulbsti25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Because the regular top has a fixed cost of let's say $500. If you upgrade to the premium...the upgrade cost is $595 (net of $1095). If you add the hard top you don't get charged the upgrade price, because you're not upgrading a top at that point. You're buying another top in addition to the original upgrade.

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Thanks. It all makes now. I tried the 2019 configuration online and it wonā€™t let you add them separately. I should have tried that first. Itā€™s an upgrade like you said.
Sponsored