First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Yeah I also rarley have passengers in the rear too and I have the Skytop so I'm all over watch your progress. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your build.
Please post your thoughts after the install, I am interested in this as well but nervous about rear legroom as I often have my kids in the back seat. Sounds like maybe not a big issue? I haven’t found an alternative mounting solution that I like, so if I don’t go the under seat route it will probably be a portable compressor…much cheaper, but like the convenience of this. Also interested in how much you paid for installation. Thanks
Yeah worst case scenario they will have my Jeep ready tomorrow. I’m waiting for confirmation. I told them originally because they were going to try to get it back to me as quickly as possible. I said take as much time as you need, just be sure to do it to the best of your ability without feeling rushed.

Once I get it, I will definitely update here and my build journal. I’ll post a photo of my invoice for labor for all my parts installed. We have a lot of options here in Southern California. The first company I was going to choose could not get me in until December. That’s how busy they are.
Somebody is excited!

Yeah if you can take pics maybe with someone sitting there that would be awesome. I don't have people in the back seat but a handful of times and typically its only for go out for the evening. So this might be the way to go.

My buddy did the fender well install and loves it. I just cringe about ripping off the fender of a $80K jeep with under 5000 miles on it LOL
I will definitely take as many pictures as possible. I am very excited. Yeah I hear you on the modifications but it’s also a jeep and you already know that going into it you’re going to be modifying it ;)

i’m trying to keep things closer to stock so I understand where you’re coming from. I went with the quick LED fender chop. But I’m leaving the fender liner and outside fender trim. They are just gonna make a small incision to add the fender chop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Unfortunately the dual compressor cannot be used from ARB for the 392, only the single compressor because of the a smaller storage space on the 392. From the research I did, I still think the under the seat option is the best for the 392 with sky one touch.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Unfortunately the dual compressor cannot be used from ARB for the 392, only the single compressor because of the a smaller storage space on the 392. From the research I did, I still think the under the seat option is the best for the 392 with sky one touch.
I haven't seen a 392 up close yet. What did they add that took away the internal storage compartment?

Sponsored

jeepken

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392
Somebody is excited!

Yeah if you can take pics maybe with someone sitting there that would be awesome. I don't have people in the back seat but a handful of times and typically its only for go out for the evening. So this might be the way to go.

My buddy did the fender well install and loves it. I just cringe about ripping off the fender of a $80K jeep with under 5000 miles on it LOL
Not sure if you're talking about the option to add it in the front fender well but that is not an option on the 392 since that is where the windshield fluid container is mounted.

The Innovative mount basically uses the space under the seat you'd never use anyway. Unless someone riding in back is wearing a Shaq-sized foot, then the feet will fit with no interference with the compressor/mount.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
This is another cool option which could allow you to stuff the compressor anywhere-
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Twin Compressor Mount IMG_1794

Yeah it’s a cool concept but I don’t really like how bulky it is on the outside.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Not sure if you're talking about the option to add it in the front fender well but that is not an option on the 392 since that is where the windshield fluid container is mounted.

The Innovative mount basically uses the space under the seat you'd never use anyway. Unless someone riding in back is wearing a Shaq-sized foot, then the feet will fit with no interference with the compressor/mount.
I have size 15 feet :( But I'm not in the back usually.

Now without being able to go in the fender well thats is going to suck. I'll have to re-access things and mull it around. Thanks for letting me know ahead of time, I would have spend the money and had the fender off then started with the expletives.

Sponsored

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
This is another cool option which could allow you to stuff the compressor anywhere-

That is pretty slick. Is it a concept or can it be purchased?

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0

Stupid clean install. Love it. I saw that on IG but can’t remember where
Sponsored