Link
Occupation
Business Owner

Come2elmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chev 2500 HD, 16 Chevy Burb
you can find info on the ram ecodiesel forums and they are pretty much considered a waste of money. Between the amount of heat generated by the turbo (driven by exhaust gases, and the temp increase caused by the compression of the air by said turbo) their is little value in "cold air" Physics sucks sometimes. Take that 400 bucks and get a pedal commander or go nuts on the Banks stuff. The computer controls everything these days and the only way to really get performance is to hack it and make it do things the lawyers wouldn't let the engineers turn on by default

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Yes sorry I caught that after I posted

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
you can find info on the ram ecodiesel forums and they are pretty much considered a waste of money. Between the amount of heat generated by the turbo (driven by exhaust gases, and the temp increase caused by the compression of the air by said turbo) their is little value in "cold air" Physics sucks sometimes. Take that 400 bucks and get a pedal commander or go nuts on the Banks stuff. The computer controls everything these days and the only way to really get performance is to hack it and make it do things the lawyers wouldn't let the engineers turn on by default
Good advice.

I'm not convinced that there has ever been a CAI, for any vehicle, that adds anything but "intake honk". That said, I've fallen to the temptation twice in my life. Both times from top vendors. Both times a complete disappointment.

For $1,100 the OP could add the iDash/PedalMonster/Derringer and add 60 REAL bhp and get the EcoDiesel's torque north of 500lbft. I'm very pleased with mine - it's the real deal.

OP
OP
Rangemaster

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Good advice.

I'm not convinced that there has ever been a CAI, for any vehicle, that adds anything but "intake honk". That said, I've fallen to the temptation twice in my life. Both times from top vendors. Both times a complete disappointment.

For $1,100 the OP could add the iDash/PedalMonster/Derringer and add 60 REAL bhp and get the EcoDiesel's torque north of 500lbft. I'm very pleased with mine - it's the real deal.
I am already running a Pedalmonster, I was looking at trying to get the temps down on my rig. She runs a little hot on the mountains.

mrdrhumphreys

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited Diesel
I installed the AFE Momentum HD Cold Air Intake System w/ Pro GUARD7 Filter
and the BladeRunner 3 IN Aluminum Hot and Cold Charge Pipe Kit Black after I had the Banks Pedal Monster and Derringer Installed. I would not call it a waste of money. Definitely got more power and fuel economy increased 1-2 mpg. The pedal monster and derringer are where its at for power. With everything installed and the pedal monster and derringer maxed out I can pull 0-60 in under 7.75 seconds. All depends n what you want.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I installed the AFE Momentum HD Cold Air Intake System w/ Pro GUARD7 Filter
and the BladeRunner 3 IN Aluminum Hot and Cold Charge Pipe Kit Black after I had the Banks Pedal Monster and Derringer Installed. I would not call it a waste of money. Definitely got more power and fuel economy increased 1-2 mpg. The pedal monster and derringer are where its at for power. With everything installed and the pedal monster and derringer maxed out I can pull 0-60 in under 7.75 seconds. All depends n what you want.
The additional 39lbft of torque advertised for the AFE may be the most aggressive CAI claim I've ever heard. As I mentioned, I've tried CAIs twice in my life, but only ever got a placebo impact (plus sound/bling).

But...your Banks' stuff is the real deal. The Pedal Monster is all perceptual, but it's quite a seat-of-the-pants sensation.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
For $1100 you can a GDE tune. They also change the throttle map and retune the transmission. 0-60 in under 6 running 37's...

Sponsored

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
i know everyone has different opinions on the topic. For me I have enjoyed my CAI. Full disclosure though (I didn't pay for mine)

My Diesel was used by Afe for Prototype for their CAI. So I have been running since early 2020. Trial and error getting everything right with out popping codes was a pain but once they did I have had zero issues. Initially I was able to clearly tell the power/torque difference. My MPG's have stayed somewhat the same since going to 37's right between 18-21mpg. My cons are a little different since I have yet to put the production model on yet. So my Air box is 3d printed and when taking apart to clean the filter it would not go back together. I plan to clean my engine bay today and try and get the actual production version on and see if there is any difference between my prototype one. I haven't tried the A pedal master so I can't comment on that. I did see the actual print out from the Dyno after the intake on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running a cold air intake? 9BB27552-232A-43F4-9695-5E5A8E33E4A7
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running a cold air intake? E776F678-5F05-4521-9C37-6EEE8F90D25F
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running a cold air intake? 4321A57D-0926-4C6D-8FCD-A3A5E1DBA61E