Sponsored

Anyone else getting headlight flashes while yours are on? (possibly LED only thing)

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t be that person. If you are getting consistently flashed - be considerate and adjust your lights. It means your lights are aimed improperly. I have not been flashed once in over 3 months of ownership - that means mine were set so they don’t blind oncoming traffic - therefore, they can be set so that you don’t get flashed. I think we all realize the factory does not get it right every time. Adjust your lights, please.
Sponsored

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I was constantly flashed on my way back from my first camping trip with the JL. ... Coincidentally, I learned that I should not use a hitch storage rack to hold a cooler as it bottoms out the rear suspension. :cwl:

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
I was constantly flashed on my way back from my first camping trip with the JL. ... Coincidentally, I learned that I should not use a hitch storage rack to hold a cooler as it bottoms out the rear suspension. :cwl:
A cooler bottomed out the suspension?:movember:

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
A cooler bottomed out the suspension?:movember:
Well... Not bottomed out. But let's say my low beams where in the trees. And the cooler was on a hitch rack that extended out past the spare tire and all my camping gear was on there too.

Thermodynamicles

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Love the LED lights. It's like the light of a thousand suns. I get flashed by cars that sit low to the ground but that's about it.

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
My lights are adjusted correctly but when its after 8:30 PM I will get flashes the lights are just bright.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Well... Not bottomed out. But let's say my low beams where in the trees. And the cooler was on a hitch rack that extended out past the spare tire and all my camping gear was on there too.
Then you may have overloaded it. Most of those racks have a 150-lb limit and they do flex quite a bit. And the extension exacerbates the effect even more than a 250-lb tongue weight from a trailer that's much closer to the rear axle and suspension. Basic mechanical physics.

JJJEEEEEEPPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Strange enough .. I got flashed by cars driving behind me .. lol.. while I was on freeway. I had to stop and check if there is something wrong with my jeep. Found nothing till date :)

NorCalSahara

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
00AD6C2D-5476-4D27-86B6-5B205E59715F.jpeg
I had the same issue, people flashing me like crazy. See my post here https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recs-for-stiffer-springs-for-jlu-sahara.11492/. I’m looking to upgrade the suspension. I initially wasn’t looking for a lift but since I’ve been reasearching suspensions now I think I’m going to get a 2” lift with some heavy duty springs.

Sponsored

#HERJL18

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Work Hard - Play Harder

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
00AD6C2D-5476-4D27-86B6-5B205E59715F.jpeg

I had the same issue, people flashing me like crazy. See my post here https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recs-for-stiffer-springs-for-jlu-sahara.11492/. I’m looking to upgrade the suspension. I initially wasn’t looking for a lift but since I’ve been reasearching suspensions now I think I’m going to get a 2” lift with some heavy duty springs.
Yup. And this is why I am now looking to get or build a small 4x6 trailer. I won't use the rack on the Jeep again.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup

EsTxDr

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score