Sponsored

Anyone else getting headlight flashes while yours are on? (possibly LED only thing)

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I'm getting a few headlight flashes thrown at me while I'm driving at dusk/night with my lights on. I'm assuming it's because the on-coming cars think I have my high-beams on (already checked all my lights, and they're all working fine).

It's gotten to the point where when they flash at me, I flash mine back to show that I do NOT have the high beams on.

I have a completely stock Rubicon with the LED package.

Anyone else getting flashed at? I had an 07 before and never got them this often, so I'm guessing it's LED thing or perhaps headlights aren't pointed down far enough. Also, they're always coming from cars, so not really enthusiasts trying to say hello to me, but rather tiny little cars way down low.
Sponsored

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I have this as well.

I moved the focus down a little, notice little, and it is a lot better.

These lights are bright.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I'm getting a few headlight flashes thrown at me while I'm driving at dusk/night with my lights on. I'm assuming it's because the on-coming cars think I have my high-beams on (already checked all my lights, and they're all working fine).

It's gotten to the point where when they flash at me, I flash mine back to show that I do NOT have the high beams on.

I have a completely stock Rubicon with the LED package.

Anyone else getting flashed at? I had an 07 before and never got them this often, so I'm guessing it's LED thing or perhaps headlights aren't pointed down far enough. Also, they're always coming from cars, so not really enthusiasts trying to say hello to me, but rather tiny little cars way down low.
I think Jeep aims them a little high. Also they are reflectors which tend to "spray" the light a little (as opposed to projectors).

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I did when it was new, all the time. I haven't had anyone do it in awhile. I'm wondering if putting the winch in the front bumper lowered it slightly and took care of it. To the naked eye, the winch didn't lower the front at all, but maybe it did a centimeter or two and that was enough to alleviate this issue. Not sure.

Sponsored

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
I would not worry about it. Both of my Xterras sat high enough that it appeared to other drivers that I was driving with my high beams on. It was usually small cars that were flashing me. No issues with my 4Runner. Those lights are not that good, so no one has flashed me.

OP
OP
Ruby Jack

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
I was actually surprised that mine (non-LED) were aimed so low when I picked it up. They're right about where I want them to be. I expected my first "mod" would be lowering them.

RMC2

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 JKUR waiting on an 18 JLUR
I had to lower mine. LEDs were aimed too high. JLUR.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Every morning, and I got my hand on the lever just waiting to blast a dude! And mine are not too high. They are just bright!!

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
The Rubicon LED lights are very bright, to me that's a good thing. They are not illegal so what's the issue I have been flashed also.

I have my lights set on auto and the fog lights are off.

RMC2

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 JKUR waiting on an 18 JLUR
You need to see where they are aimed. Mine were high as well. Do it, it is annoying to be on the receiving end.

SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I did when it was new, all the time. I haven't had anyone do it in awhile. I'm wondering if putting the winch in the front bumper lowered it slightly and took care of it. To the naked eye, the winch didn't lower the front at all, but maybe it did a centimeter or two and that was enough to alleviate this issue. Not sure.
Now that you mention it, I’ve not gotten flashed since my winch install either. Maybe the 100lbs up front noses it down.
My wife was behind me in her Sahara the other night, and I had to adjust my mirrors to keep the reflection from blinding me!
I believe I’ll adjust hers down a bit till we start her mods.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I find this thread funny, because when I installed quality LED bulbs in my halogen housings and saved hundreds of dollars everyone said, "That's a terrible idea and you're going to blind oncoming traffic" and I never in six months got flashed a single time. :clap:

Just goes to show you that "you should only use housings made for LEDs!!" isn't what it's cracked up to be.

OP
OP
Ruby Jack

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I find this thread funny, because when I installed quality LED bulbs in my halogen housings and saved hundreds of dollars everyone said, "That's a terrible idea and you're going to blind oncoming traffic" and I never in six months got flashed a single time. :clap:

Just goes to show you that "you should only use housings made for LEDs!!" isn't what it's cracked up to be.

To each his own, but I think the LED package is THE BEST option you can get for the Jeep. Don't regret for a milisecond. Not only are the headlights cooler looking with the LED ring and frog-eye beams, but the fender daylights are longer and brighter as well.
Sponsored