Sponsored

ANYONE ELSE GETTING FLASHED WITH NON LED HEAD LIGHTS?

anyone else getting flashed with non led headlights?

• Total voters

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Had to re-aim my headlights also. . they were aimed way to high. .... no more flashes.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Been flashed at several times with my wife's JLU, the lights are definitely aimed too high. The headlights on my JL are spot on and I can see great with them.

Does anyone still use the method of pulling up x amount of feet away from a flat wall and aiming them? What's the height need to be?

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Been flashed at several times with my wife's JLU, the lights are definitely aimed too high. The headlights on my JL are spot on and I can see great with them.

Does anyone still use the method of pulling up x amount of feet away from a flat wall and aiming them? What's the height need to be?
Level ground. On a wall, mark 3 feet up and 25 feet back... worked great for me!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So I know this is a little off-topic but not really.

Anyways, I did not get the LED PKG but got some aftermarket LED bulbs for the headlights/Fogs/Turn Signals.

I never have to use my high beams but it’s funny because I absolutely LOVE when I get flashed because I will hit them with my hood mounted light bar. It’s the funniest thing. I’m like assholes I’ll show you!

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
So I know this is a little off-topic but not really.

Anyways, I did not get the LED PKG but got some aftermarket LED bulbs for the headlights/Fogs/Turn Signals.

I never have to use my high beams but it’s funny because I absolutely LOVE when I get flashed because I will hit them with my hood mounted light bar. It’s the funniest thing. I’m like assholes I’ll show you!
:CWL:
That's what my husband does when he gets flashed in his JKU. The JKs have the shittiest halogen lights that are dim AF. I want to upgrade them, but he hasn't found any he likes yet:facepalm:

I honestly can't tell a difference in my JL between the low and high beams. Ok, the high beams are a little brighter, but the low beams are pretty decent. I'm still debating on same LEDs.

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
I get flashed a lot from drivers coming from the other direction on mostly two-lane highways - but I figure that's the price to pay for being able to see a long ways down the road - see deer in particular - as these LEDs really throw some light. They MIGHT be out of vertical alignment (no lift) but I'm OK with it - no one's getting blinded as they're not THAT bad. And I've actually adjusted other vehicles I've had UP because I couldn't see far enough down the road.
After an 800 mile trip the last couple days, much of which was in the dark so the lights were on, I got in my '17 Ram that doesn't have LEDs and I thought something must be wrong with the lights as they seemed so dim...

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
That's what my husband does when he gets flashed in his JKU. The JKs have the shittiest halogen lights that are dim AF. I want to upgrade them, but he hasn't found any he likes yet:facepalm:

I honestly can't tell a difference in my JL between the low and high beams. Ok, the high beams are a little brighter, but the low beams are pretty decent. I'm still debating on same LEDs.
Amazon special them, mine fit perfect and they change the look a bit. The side marker LEDs actually brighten the roadway as well.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase

I don't know if it's just me but ever since i adjusted my headlights, my high beams seem to be better...i also couldn't tell much difference before.... maybe they were aimed too high and the adjustment brought them down to workable height....

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
on my stock jl, i measured my headlights with the halogen bulbs at 35-36 inches. i did swap them out for the supernova led head and fog lights. and i love them. they light up the road nicely (still measured at 35-36 inches). i do get flashed a couple of times. only because they are @$$holes. i'm not planning on adjusting them because i want to see whats up ahead like pedestrians, deer, and morons driving without lights in the dark. half of the times dumb@$$es run their light (all kinds) on high beams.

YOW_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Punk N
on my stock jl, i measured my headlights with the halogen bulbs at 35-36 inches. i did swap them out for the supernova led head and fog lights. and i love them. they light up the road nicely (still measured at 35-36 inches). i do get flashed a couple of times. only because they are @$$holes. i'm not planning on adjusting them because i want to see whats up ahead like pedestrians, deer, and morons driving without lights in the dark. half of the times dumb@$$es run their light (all kinds) on high beams.
Had LED bulbs put into my JLU halogen housings. On the drive home I noticed I was lighting up the trees 20-30ft off the ground on either side of the road. Saw it for myself that the halogen reflector isn’t designed to focus/control the LED light so you are blinding people and sorry to say...you’re being the “@$$hole”.

You yourself want to see hazards, but don’t become one yourself.

Either get yourself some upgrades halogen bulbs and reflectors or splurge on a proper LED kit, some are only $300.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Why can't they design headlights like a ball or boating compass so that it's always perfectly level
61gserw5HbL._SL1500_.jpg

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Had LED bulbs put into my JLU halogen housings. On the drive home I noticed I was lighting up the trees 20-30ft off the ground on either side of the road. Saw it for myself that the halogen reflector isn’t designed to focus/control the LED light so you are blinding people and sorry to say...you’re being the “@$$hole”.

You yourself want to see hazards, but don’t become one yourself.

Either get yourself some upgrades halogen bulbs and reflectors or splurge on a proper LED kit, some are only $300.
first off all, my led lights are aimed in the same directions as to the stock halogen lights. since i had the led lights, i've been flash like 2 times since may of this year. and whats ironic they were running their stock led lights on high beam. most $300 led kits are crap. in your case you need to adjust the headlights so they are not lighting up the trees 20-30 feet off the ground. since you just joined this forum and only posted 4 post, i take it that you havent look thru out the forum and see what other have done or run for led bulbs, etc. so congrats on making an impression of yourself within the first 5 post and start calling me and potential members an @$$hole.
Sponsored