Sponsored

How many oncoming drivers getting ticked with the JL LED headlights

TallDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR-XR
I’ll have to check about adjusting them as I get flashed fairly often 😬. I always feel bad cuz my brights definitely aren’t on. It’s also worse when I’m coming from the top going downhill 😅
Sponsored

Peaks

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Jeep Wrangler
I was getting high beamed by oncoming traffic after getting my Jeep lifted. I have after market Halo LED’s…my solution was to park my Jeep 25ft away from a wall and direct my beam approximately 3 feet in height! So far so good, no more angry passerby’s!!!

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I knew this topic would come up. Lol. I don't have LEDs just a base jeep but I see perfectly fine with the stock headlights. I haven't had a problem with any jeep lights. It seems like jeep people are a different breed and they understand lifting there vehicle means adjustments to the headlights.

This situation here in FL is out of control though with the redneck's they lift there trucks and install super bright lights or have the factory LEDs and make zero adjustments and don't seem to care. And the sheriff's do nothing.

It sucks bad, they blind the living crap out of you. I see a few of them every morning, the same ones. They get flashed continuously by lots of drivers and do absolutely nothing. Makes me want to shoot their headlights out. I also wanted to install some badass lights of my own and blast them, but it could get someone else hurt.

I restrain myself.

Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov

Rick Deckard

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Getting groceries or going to the mall in an unlimited probably isn't going to be an issue. Attaching a ski rack to the hitch of a 2 door and putting ppl in the back will definitely load the rear enough to blind oncoming traffic especially on back country roads. I'm just looking for the part numbers for the motor, sensors, controller, and harness so I can retrofit auto leveling technology to my Jeep. It is required equipment in all other countries so I'd assume it's possible.

Here's an easy to understand video...

Sponsored

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
This was a huge problem back with 2018 production, per the many comments in this forum at the time. As received from the factory, my low beams were level and my high beams went into the trees. So I re-aimed with the low beams against the garage door, having the low beams drop some 3" from level, per a diagram I found online and reflecting (sorry for the pun) procedures I used years ago with then-illegal-for-street halogen headlights. No problems since.

My theory was and remains that a technician in the factory was aiming the low beam--the wrong beam--as level. Had the technician aimed the high beam as level, the low beam would have been dipped per the combined high-low beam headlight assembly.

Skillet21

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Just curious, has anyone complained your JL LED lights are too bright? I was in a drive through just a few minutes ago and the dude in front of me yelled at me to turn off my brights. I just said sorry, the brights aren’t on, but he was ticked.
I live in a farm area in Oxford, Florida and I get it all the time. Nothing I can do about it.