OP
Coloradopatriot_
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Yes, that’s when you’ve just got to relax. I’ve got parts slowly accumulating lol. No rush to do the upgrades at the moment. I want to have them installed at the same time.
Same here. If I could wait and do it all over a weekend I would. But I kind of have to take the time when I can get it, that’s why im going to knock out the lift tomorrow 🥴
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Right there with you. 8 weeks out on my Rock Krawler kit, my 37's and wheels will be here as soon as the order processes, need to install my bumper and tire carrier, wire the aux reverse lights to one of my aux switches, fix my sun visor, reroute my Carplay2Air transmitter, strip/ repaint my front bumper (because rust belt), swap out my CB Coax cable, and possibly hook up/ add heated seats, as well as a rear power hook up for my compressor. And before most of that happens, I have to clean a bunch of crap out of the garage that magically accumulated there over the winter.

it's a good problem to have, and I'll get the lift and 37's done when they get here with some help from my usual crew of Jeep club help... but I'm definitely sweating it a bit. I just want to take a week off and tell everyone not to bother me until i'm done in the garage.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Anyone else get overwhelmed when the parts pile up and free time isn’t adding up to get the parts installed?
I am always working on my rig... my trick to avoid feeling overwhelmed is to hang my whiteboard in the garage... write down all the parts I need to install and arrange them in order of priority and dependency... then list the tasks needed to achieve the install (also write down the important tools needed so no surprises on install day).... then!! ... stick to the plan and focus on the task at hand and forget about the other parts ( because that is probably what causes the feeling of being overwhelmed, thinking about all the other parts and tasks that are pending)

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I don’t remember the last time I didn’t have parts sitting in my trunk waiting to be installed

OP
OP
Coloradopatriot_
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I am always working on my rig... my trick to avoid feeling overwhelmed is to hang my whiteboard in the garage... write down all the parts I need to install and arrange them in order of priority and dependency... then list the tasks needed to achieve the install (also write down the important tools needed so no surprises on install day).... then!! ... stick to the plan and focus on the task at hand and forget about the other parts ( because that is probably what causes the feeling of being overwhelmed, thinking about all the other parts and tasks that are pending)
That’s a great idea. I work the same way with my job, a to do list is essential. Feels great to cross them off the list too 🙌🏼

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
All this talk about 37s makes me want to go up to 40s instead so I can lord that over everyone else.😁 I feel your pain. Headed to Moab and surrounding areas next month and was Hell-bent on lift, tires, etc... before we left. I haven't even had my JL for a week yet.

I decided to back off to just a winch install, but can't get a bumper for at least 6 weeks because every Jeeper spent their stimmy on parts. So I started pulling the front bumper off last night to fab a winch mount.

We'll see how it does on the stock 33s and go from there. Tempting to mod everything initially, but then I think about everything my stock TJ handled for 23 years and realize this Rubicon is a monster right out the box.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hey y’all,

I am new to the JL forum as we picked up two Rubicon’s in the last month. I have been doing the overland thing for awhile and recently made the change to the infamous Jeep platform. Anyways, I have been buying parts like crazy and being it’s the start of adventure season here in Colorado, I’m in a bit of a time crunch. Anyone else get overwhelmed when the parts pile up and free time isn’t adding up to get the parts installed? I have never been one to leave my vehicles stock and it’s driving me nuts. Especially with all the other Jeeps around here seem to be stalking me on their 37s and such haha.

Other than that, I just wanted to say hi and see if anyone else ever feels this way. Putting the AEV 2.5” kit on tomorrow, wheels and tires will be here this week and have to get my spare tire carrier on, the rhino rack system installed with my RTT, also have to reroute my XM antenna. Busy week ahead with a camping trip planned for Mother’s Day….thanks for having me!
Many feel the way you do. It's as common as it is irrational. Welcome to the human condition.

That said, maybe I can say a couple of things that can allow you to use logic to overcome some of this.

You describe what some call the "when/then" philosophy of life. "When I get that lift kit installed, then I'll be in a state of greater peace."

And maybe you will be, until the next thing in life comes along, where life gets in the way of your addressing it as soon as you'd like, and this feeling of being the horse with the carrot equidistant in front of its mouth no matter how much you travel is what you feel.

Part of the enjoyment of modding your rig is the process itself. You will make mistakes with what you bought or installed, particularly the former as what parts seemed idel at point A only reveal themselves sometimes to be a suboptimal choice once more facts come to light at latter point B.

That's life. You sell the original stuff and take a different direction.

Your time crunch in self inflicted. We need to look no further than how
life will continue just fine if mod X doesn't get done on schedule.

Nobody else is stalking you, and if they are--and they're not--to heck with them.

OP
OP
Coloradopatriot_
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
All this talk about 37s makes me want to go up to 40s instead so I can lord that over everyone else.😁 I feel your pain. Headed to Moab and surrounding areas next month and was Hell-bent on lift, tires, etc... before we left. I haven't even had my JL for a week yet.

I decided to back off to just a winch install, but can't get a bumper for at least 6 weeks because every Jeeper spent their stimmy on parts. So I started pulling the front bumper off last night to fab a winch mount.

We'll see how it does on the stock 33s and go from there. Tempting to mod everything initially, but then I think about everything my stock TJ handled for 23 years and realize this Rubicon is a monster right out the box.
The stock Rubicon’s are very capable. That’s an understatement. The only thing I wanted more of after taking mine out stock was just a bit more clearance. That’s why I needed up getting the kit and getting it on. Had my Jeep 6 days and it’s lifted already. 37s will be here Wednesday then I will post the photos. Looks to silly on stock 33s and the AEV dual sport RT 2.5 right now.
Moab is so fun, that’s what made me sell my truck and buy a Jeep 🤭

OP
OP
Coloradopatriot_
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Many feel the way you do. It's as common as it is irrational. Welcome to the human condition.

That said, maybe I can say a couple of things that can allow you to use logic to overcome some of this.

You describe what some call the "when/then" philosophy of life. "When I get that lift kit installed, then I'll be in a state of greater peace."

And maybe you will be, until the next thing in life comes along, where life gets in the way of your addressing it as soon as you'd like, and this feeling of being the horse with the carrot equidistant in front of its mouth no matter how much you travel is what you feel.

Part of the enjoyment of modding your rig is the process itself. You will make mistakes with what you bought or installed, particularly the former as what parts seemed idel at point A only reveal themselves sometimes to be a suboptimal choice once more facts come to light at latter point B.

That's life. You sell the original stuff and take a different direction.

Your time crunch in self inflicted. We need to look no further than how
life will continue just fine if mod X doesn't get done on schedule.

Nobody else is stalking you, and if they are--and they're not--to heck with them.
Awesome stuff here! Couldn’t agree more with you. If it isn’t that mod it’s this one right? Thank you for the kind words of encouragement!
Sponsored