Sponsored

Anyone else get flicked a lot by incoming traffic

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
I don't get why people are so passive aggressive. If you're getting flashed, your lights need adjustment. It's not an assault/attack on you, people just think your brights are on, which means something isn't right with your lights and their alignment. Just fix it and move on, you'd want others to do the same if they were blinding you.
Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I get flashed even though my lights are adjusted and they are the halogens, but most of the time I'm flashed from far away by a lower car. I usually chalk that up to road height + people in low riding cars thinking I haven't turned my hi-beams off. Usually a quick dim and go back lets them know that: look, it's not me.. it's you! I used to flash back, but you never know the situation of the other driver and the last thing I want is to blind them causing a head-on collision, etc.

In town I have been flashed by people with lowered cars and there's nothing I can do about that other than laugh. If you're stupid enough to lower your car that low and then complain, then there's no fighting that type of logic.

But if I notice someone adjusting their rear view mirror or covering their eyes, then chances are my lights are too high and I shouldn't be shocked if I get flashed until I realign.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I get flashed occasionally but I figure it's because of the lift/tires physically raising the headlights. If people insist on keeping their brights to try and blind me, I just flick on my light bar and that usually makes people back down :CWL:
If you install a lift you really should adjust your lights.

Edorand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I get flashed even though my lights are adjusted and they are the halogens, but most of the time I'm flashed from far away by a lower car. I usually chalk that up to road height + people in low riding cars thinking I haven't turned my hi-beams off. Usually a quick dim and go back lets them know that: look, it's not me.. it's you! I used to flash back, but you never know the situation of the other driver and the last thing I want is to blind them causing a head-on collision, etc.

In town I have been flashed by people with lowered cars and there's nothing I can do about that other than laugh. If you're stupid enough to lower your car that low and then complain, then there's no fighting that type of logic.

But if I notice someone adjusting their rear view mirror or covering their eyes, then chances are my lights are too high and I shouldn't be shocked if I get flashed until I realign.
I also think that Jeep just uses poor reflectors in a lot of their vehicles. Older Wranglers, Compasses and Libertys (Liberties?) also tend to just spray light indiscriminately.

On a related note, my JL has LEDs and I wish they used projectors instead of reflectors. Projector LEDs tend to have much sharper cutoffs.

Sponsored

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I have a 2018 JL sport, stock headlights. I do a lot of night driving. At least once a night, sometimes more, and sometimes even during the day, I get flicked by oncoming traffic, evidently they think I have my high beams on. Not using the fog lamps either, just low beams. Anyone else? I usually ignore, sometimes I think “oh you think these are bright, how about these” and I flash my high beams :CWL:
if i get flicked once a month i'm happy.

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Was doing more night driving and got flicked a few times. Turned the adjusters one turn counter clockwise and no more flicks.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Again, there are tons of threads on this. Why do the same topics keep coming up?

The halogen and LED lights both are coming from the factory aimed higher than spec. You'll have to find a nice flat wall on level ground and go through the process of properly aiming them.

OP
OP

debjl2018

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Again, there are tons of threads on this. Why do the same topics keep coming up?

The halogen and LED lights both are coming from the factory aimed higher than spec. You'll have to find a nice flat wall on level ground and go through the process of properly aiming them.
Thanks for the info. This my first Wrangler and I’ve never had this issue with any other car or truck I’ve ever driven so didn’t know...sorry :angel: am thinking of getting them adjusted on next oil change in 5k miles...:)

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I more often than not get high beamed from behind. I guess because the tail lights light up at the edges and not fill completely, drivers behind me think my lights aren't on. Happens almost on a daily basis.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I have a 2018 JL sport, stock headlights. I do a lot of night driving. At least once a night, sometimes more, and sometimes even during the day, I get flicked by oncoming traffic, evidently they think I have my high beams on. Not using the fog lamps either, just low beams. Anyone else? I usually ignore, sometimes I think “oh you think these are bright, how about these” and I flash my high beams :CWL:
Hmmm... I heard the stock halogens were really dim. Maybe you are getting "flicked" to turn your lights on! Lol! (My 2002 and 2012 stock Wrangler lights were soooooo dim.) Have you lifted your ride or put bigger tires on it? Regardless, just adjust them down slightly.
Sponsored