any issues with 2018 models?

joemanly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 4dr
A little late to the party here but my 18 JLUR 2.0L had the turbo go out and had to be replaced at 30K miles.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Software updates, but if you buy a new or used 2018 then then should have updated it anyway. If not sure, ask!

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my 2018 JLU for 16 months. It's rock solid now after:

1 - track bar replaced by factory - TSB (fix wandering)
2- recalibration of power steering s/w - TSB (fix steering looseness and play)
3- UConnect update to fix USB recognition - TSB

Also factory TSB replaced steering stabilizer which did nothing.

However, on my own I added Mopar lift LCA's for more caster when I installed the rubicon suspension and this greatly improved the steering overall. Love it now!

It drives great with no complaints (currently)!

Red Rock N Roll

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
International Quality Control Manager
Found a 2018 JLU Sport with 13,000 miles before it ever hit the lot in late June. Not a whole lot of upgrades on this guy, I do kind of miss the auto locks, those are handy! Other than that don't mind rolling up the windows. It is too damn hot here in Phoenix to roll the windows down anyway four months out of the year.

The original owner was an older lady who bought it to drive on her ranch northwest of Phoenix. Had a ton of dirt, dust, dead bugs and cobwebs from storing it in the barn for two years, no problems what so ever in my first 1,000 miles.

Sponsored

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 here, 8-18 build date purchased new in June 2019. 5,200 miles now, with plenty of Colorado wheeling just about every weekend in the summer. Zero issues at all, just the recalls for the track bar and steering stabilizer, both of which I've replaced with aftermarket items anyway. It's been a great rig so far!

rocklobster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray,Rubicon,Manual,1974 Jensen Interceptor.previously 2007 Steel blue JKU,2010 Stone white JKU,2013 JKU Rock Lobster,Sahara,
Since you ask lol:

6 out of 8 door hinges showed corrosion,yes after 2 years(not my first Wrangler to show this but you would have hoped they sorted this issue) , doors/hinges repainted, did not match the rest of the car (see attachments) , sent back, adjacent panels blended

freedom panel replaced after the first removal as a rivet was sealed inside and rattling around!

driver's sun visor replaced due to rattle

Clutch pedal squeak -went in twice, never rectified, 3rd time Clutch assembly replaced

handbrake loose-told its ā€œnormalā€,now very lose and going in again.

various squeaks from door and trunk seals( trunk seal squeaked on my 2013 also) only fix is to lube every couple of months.

External temp gauge does not show accurate temp on occasion, often plus 60c until the car is driven and it settles to the correct temp

intermittent issues with carplay connectivity, no real fix that I am aware of.

intermittent drivers side glass rattles in door depending on how far down it is.

this is in addition to various recalls for clutch ( can catch fire!) steering (added a damper) frame welds (poorly done on some) ....

Despite this will most probably order my 5th Wrangler in a row 2021!..:facepalm:

jeep1.jpg

jeep2.jpg

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I am having issues with this, did they say when the update was released?

I just checked here: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html
and it says that my VIN has the latest software.
In my opinion, the UConnect site is absolutely useless. I've never seen a single update on that site for my 2018.

This software fix is only available through the dealer. Its not released for user download. The update was installed at the dealer last spring. I had to get jeepcares involved.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 ( Bld date 04-18 ) has so far after 35k miles has only had a few small recalls done and the main battery died after 7 months but other than that NOTHING ....I hope my luck continues

Sponsored

nunziotocci

First Name
Annunziato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701
In my opinion, the UConnect site is absolutely useless. I've never seen a single update on that site for my 2018.

This software fix is only available through the dealer. Its not released for user download. The update was installed at the dealer last spring. I had to get jeepcares involved.
Thanks! I'll give the dealer a call later today.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

I'm very sorry to hear this. If you need assistance please feel free to message us!

Alison
JeepCares

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

PatrickR

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have an august 18 production 2018 JLU Sport S that I bought new last year. No issues. I still haven't done the clutch recall, but I also haven't had any problems for the last 13k miles.

Jeep your tips up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS 2.0 Bright White Dual Tops
just hit 66,666 kms (thats's 42K+ miles for y'all south of the border) on it yesterday (driving to pickup some take-offs from a local dealer) so thought to snap a pic. It is one of the original builds...and sure, it took 5 months from order to delivery - I've had it for almost 2 years to the day, but worth the wait.
Except for the steering recall, not 1 issue. Loving it if every way. having a devilishly good time! Still as peppy as the day it came off the truck.

20200811_080743.jpg
Sponsored